The Way I Feel

RexRed

Harmonies are king for me, and you do a great job on those. For me(and I always get vilified for it), I'd bring the vocals down slightly so you get a little more of the music. Also, I like vocals a little more wet - but I don't have your voice, so.....   🤐

But that is nitpicking, and this is another solid song!

Edited by hockeyjx
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Hello Hockeyjx, I brought the lead vocal down into the mix more. I fixed a weird harmony part that was out, it is closer to being right. Turned the reverb down a bit on the ending vocal part that was way too wet.

I added a bit more reverb to the lead vocal. Your comments were entirely spot on!

I also found out that the lead vocal compressor somehow got bypassed in the other mix. That is turned on now.

These comments are VERY helpful peeps!

Thanks lot for the awesome critiques!

💖🎶👍🌹

• Like 1

If you purchased this song on Reverbnation be sure to download the new version as well.

This is why I use Reverbnation, so I can offer new updated versions to my fans under the same song they already purchased.

👍🎶💗 

Andy, your descriptions are quite nice, thanks for the really great comment! The Eagles are kings of harmonies (and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young as well)...

Yes Paul, the drums to me did not sound right coming in full volume, it seemed stepping up the drum volume worked better, a little less intrusive. I am surprised you picked up on that.

When I left the drums low throughout, there seemed to be something unsatisfying about it.

I really appreciate all of the critiques and compliments on my music awesome Cakewalk peeps!

Best to you!

RR