New Spitfire Labs freebie available - Foghorn.

TheSteven

2 hours ago, jackson white said:

Once again, the update wrecked the existing installation.

Sounds like your settings are misconfigured.
Once you get them dialed in the only thing you might need / want to do is move the VST3 to a preferred subfolder.
Set the Default Content Path to the folder that contains your "Spitfire Audio - LABS" folder. 

47 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Once you get them dialed in the only thing you might need / want to do is move the VST3 to a preferred subfolder.
Set the Default Content Path to the folder that contains your "Spitfire Audio - LABS" folder. 

Spitfire's app is notorious for breaking installations, even when the content isn't moved. Literally 100s of posts about this on their forum. Shit, I just opened the app and it says half of my Labs aren't installed, but they all are, and they all work fine. The App is trash. 

• Like 1

Yeah, happens to me all the time also. I always consider this before using their products because it’s so unreliable wether they work or not. Having said that, they all sound pretty stellar. Hopefully they’ll work these issues out.

11 hours ago, TheSteven said:

nope. (at least not according to their documentation/support)

11 hours ago, TheSteven said:

yep, from the get go

10 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Spitfire's app is notorious for breaking installations, even when the content isn't moved. Literally 100s of posts about this on their forum.

yep.

3 hours ago, projectm said:

Yeah, happens to me all the time also. I always consider this before using their products because it’s so unreliable wether they work or not.

yep. noting it often seems to be the same Labs getting borked with every update but also paid products. Checking folders to find files spewed all over the target folder, with no clue as to what they are or where they should be. 

3 hours ago, projectm said:

Having said that, they all sound pretty stellar. Hopefully they’ll work these issues out.

The Labs are interesting and fun to play with, pianos/strings good, but working with them is like owning a Harley (driveway time /riding). 

11 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Spitfire's app is notorious for breaking installations, even when the content isn't moved. Literally 100s of posts about this on their forum. Shit, I just opened the app and it says half of my Labs aren't installed, but they all are, and they all work fine. The App is trash. 

Same. Gave up on it