Steinberg:Product update - Cubase updated to 12.0.40

MusicMan

Steinberg:Product update - Cubase updated to 12.0.40

https://www.steinberg.net/cubase/release-notes/12/

CUBASE 12.0.40

What's new?

August 3, 2022 – The Cubase 12.0.40 maintenance update is now available. With this update, we are introducing some new functions and scripts to the MIDI Remote integration, we are resolving some issues with ARA extensions, and we are fixing more than thirty issues in various areas of the application. Please find all details below.

The update is immediately available for download via the Steinberg Download Assistant.

MIDI Remote

• We have improved the script for the Arturia KeyLab Essential and added missing Key Commands.
  • We have added more Control Room functions to the MIDI Remote feature scope.
  • Fixed project mappings can now be converted to global mappings as expected.
  • Using the MIDI Remote Editor in the Lower Zone with Workspaces now works as expected.
  • We have added a new MIDI Remote factory script for the Novation Launchkey MK3 88.

ARA

• We have fixed an issue related to using the Make Extension Permanent function on non-PCM clips with ARA extensions.
  • Events with Melodyne ARA extensions can now be cut without losing the note data.
  • Events with ARA extensions can now be copied and duplicated as expected.

Plug-ins

• We have improved the user interface of the VST Bass Amp plug-in when Quick Control buttons are toggled.
  • The Frequency 2 plug-in now works as expected when using 7.1.4 channel configurations.
  • Writing automation of the Frequency plug-in Band On/Off parameter now works as expected.
  • We improved the loading process of external impulse response files for the Reverence plug-in when loading projects on a different computer.
  • We corrected the Peak and RMS needle of the SuperVision plug-in.
  • We have improved the quality of the FX Modulator plug-in when using fast volume modulation settings.
  • The Quick-Link function of the MixConsole is now also available for the input and output parameters of the Squasher plug-in.

Sample Editor

• Event start/end and snap point handles are now displayed as expected.
  • Warp markers are now editable at all zoom settings.
  • Stretching VariAudio segments in a multi-event selection now works as expected.

User interface

• The grid is no longer cut off when scrolling through the project in low dpi mode.
  • The waveform in silent areas is no longer displayed with 2 pixels instead of one.
  • The audio waveform interpolation in the Lower Zone Sample Editor is now consistent.

Miscellaneous

• When duplicating a Track Version, bézier curves are now correctly applied.
  • Applying Audio Alignment now works correctly when multiple references are selected.
  • The warp algorithm custom settings dialog can now be opened from the Info Line in all language localizations.
  • We have fixed an issue related to editing parameters in the List Editor.
  • The Logical Editor window now opens exclusively.
  • The Click Patterns in the Pattern Editor are no longer cut off when using 1/32 patterns.
  • We have corrected the Loudness measuring of the Master meter and the SuperVision plug-in for 7.x channel configurations to match the ITU-BS.1770-4 specification.
  • The preference Mute Pre-Send when Mute is now saved as expected.
  • On the Nuage Master unit, the numeric keypad arrows now work for locating markers.
  • Vertical mouse wheel scrolling in the Score Editor edit mode now works as expected.
  • We have improved the usability with editing lines in the Score Editor.
  • Vertical scrolling speed in VariAudio editor now works consistently.
  • On macOS systems, the application now shows in which code architecture it is running in the Start and About screens.

Stability

• We have improved stability in the following use cases:
  • When aborting an Export Audio Mixdown.
  • When using the Adjust Fades to Range function.
  • When changing the Sample Editor zoom mode with Select Events Under Cursor active.
  • When using the function Adjust Fades to Range.
  • When using the Scale Assistant with VariAudio.
  • When changing the AmbiDecoder output mode from Headphones to Speakers.
  • When dragging a MIDI loop from the MediaRack to the project.

Forum discussion on the release:

Edited by MusicMan

1 minute ago, Cookie Jarvis said:

I'm sticking with 11 right now...not real excited about the new licensing scheme. I've usually updated as soon as the update is available and have never had any issues...but it all depends on how you use your DAW :)

Bill

That's often not a bad approach. I did the upgrade to 12 and definitely really like it and some of the new features and the conversion was reasonably seamless all things considered. I was converting across to 12 early on so their servers were a bit stressed. I'd recommend 12 though for sure 🙂

I don't care for the new activation method....install a new hd, get a new activation...have a major update in Windows, get a new activation...mess with your Lan, get a new activation. Right now my Cubase always works and I can switch machines just by moving my eLicenser. Cubase 12 is definitely a downgrade license wise.

But with that said I may give in one of these days ;) Still running Wavelab Pro 11 on the elicenser as well...if it ain't broke don't fix it :)

Bill

• Like 1

Just now, Cookie Jarvis said:

I don't care for the new activation method....install a new hd, get a new activation...have a major update in Windows, get a new activation...mess with your Lan, get a new activation. Right now my Cubase always works and I can switch machines just by moving my eLicenser. Cubase 12 is definitely a downgrade license wise.

But with that said I may give in one of these days ;) Still running Wavelab Pro 11 on the elicenser as well...if it ain't broke don't fix it :)

Bill

Pros and cons for sure 🙂

The idea of using up a USB port purely for a license seems a little archaic to me. I've got enough audio interfaces, MIDI keyboards, regular keyboards, external hard drives and things that actually do useful stuff when taking up a USB port that make them worth being plugged in and they all add up

Then there's the risk of it being misplaced, lost, or stolen if travelling, or gigging. I likely would've have upgraded to 12 when I did unless they got rid of the dongle.

Having the option is good though. Lots of people like the eLicenser.

That said, ain't broke, don't fix it can't be underestimated either 😎

A few months and I'll probably wind up in Cubase 12 knowing I can always use 11 when there's an issue with activation :)

I just spent a bundle on a new machine I put together so I have to cool it on the new purchases! I picked up a MOTU Midi Express XT for the midi gear...no USB Midi here. Went TB4 but had trouble finding a new interface so went with a TB3 interface...Presonus Quantum 2626.

Bill

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 9:23 PM, Cookie Jarvis said:

Bill

I like their new licensing since I've got it on 3 machines.  I found out it might be a good idea to restart your system after an upgrade because yesterday I had a licensne not found issue and a restart did it.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 2:05 AM, artturner said:

Ever since the move to 12, quitting Cubase is only accomplished with ctrl-alt-delete and end task. Maybe this one will work better.

They have supposedly tried to address that in their recent updates.  A lot of variables though, so I'd be very surprised if it's addressed across all cases.

11 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I’ll ask my fortune teller and will let you know if anything comes out of it.

I had some trouble with my PC
So I had my fortune read
I had some trouble with Windows 11
And this is what the gypsy said

The gypsy cried cry-eee-y-eeide  cry-eee-y-eeide . . . 

(sung to an old 1960's Lou Christie classic)

Edited by User 905133
to add "sung to . . . " in case someone didn't get the musical reference

3 hours ago, MusicMan said:

They have supposedly tried to address that in their recent updates.  A lot of variables though, so I'd be very surprised if it's addressed across all cases.

I'm hopeful. It has exited successfully at least twice since the update. :)

• Like 1