Import X-Live X32 wav files

dougalex

Yes, the import and breakout/explosion works fine.  As expected, you have to carefully position/concatenate the 4GB segments to avoid clicks/dropouts at the edges of the files. 

But yes, when I was doing remote recordings, it was my standard procedure and Cakewalk always worked with 8, 16, and 32 tracks.  

19 minutes ago, MediaGary said:

...carefully position/concatenate the 4GB segments to avoid clicks/dropouts at the edges of the files. ...

1] Roughly about how many "concatenations" do you think would be involved in a 3 hour 32 track recording?
2] I am hoping Cakewalk "snap to clips" setting will make accurate "concatenation" go pretty easy.

This is decimal arithmetic so the full precision of binary values isn't here, but you will get in the right ballpark.

48000x3=144kByte/s for each track.

32x144k=4608kB/s for 32 tracks

4,000,000k is 4GB / 4608k

~ 868 seconds ~ 14.5 minutes per 4GB segment.

EDIT: Feeling ambitious...

Binary arithmetic:  4194304k is 4GB yielding  -15.17 minutes per 32-track segment.  

Therefore you'd need 4-segments x 3hr = 12 segments (48GB).  

The last time I used this X-Live recording process, I think any of the SD cards over 32GB had to be externally formatted, but perhaps ExFAT is supported within the X-Live now... dunno.  I only mention it because (obviously) you'd have to go for relay-recording between two 32GB SD cards to meet your 3-hour requirement 

HTH

Edited by MediaGary
Added binary arithmetic and SD comments

On 8/5/2022 at 11:34 PM, MediaGary said:

you'd have to go for relay-recording between two 32GB SD cards to meet your 3-hour requirement 

FYI, I tested 128gb SD card (formatted on my computer FAT32 using EaseUS Partition Manager)
Tested recording for 3 hours, and test worked fine (3+ hours on one SD card)
The only "trick" I discovered is: After formatting on my computer FAT32, the first time I insert into X-LIVE slot, I have to use X-LIVE "Erase SD" option. Otherwise it would stop recording after 10 seconds. 

• Like 1