Articulation map for fake chord track

First of all, I can't speak English, so I use google translate. So please forgive me if my English is strange.
I created an articulation that adds four main chords to the default chord triads articulation.Is there a demand for it?
I also created an articulation that combines the chord triads with the inversion and root note removed and the main 4 chords in one group.
The purpose is to have a pseudo function like the chord track installed in other DAW applications.

スクリーンショット 2022-08-03 161725.png

chord_art.zip

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/3/2022 at 12:33 AM, 1031 said:

First of all, I can't speak English, so I use google translate. So please forgive me if my English is strange.
I created an articulation that adds four main chords to the default chord triads articulation.Is there a demand for it?
I also created an articulation that combines the chord triads with the inversion and root note removed and the main 4 chords in one group.
The purpose is to have a pseudo function like the chord track installed in other DAW applications.

スクリーンショット 2022-08-03 161725.png

chord_art.zip 8.04 kB · 12 downloads

This is interesting to me. It would be handy to have a chord guide like this visible as you build a song with various instruments. How are you getting what looks like the Arranger to be visible in the PRV? Are the chord blocks  placed there by the “fake chord” articulation map? This would be a big time saver, as opposed to having to place the chords of the entire song structure manually using an added Arranger lane. 

• 2 weeks later...

First, prepare a MIDI track or instruments track dedicated to chords, and select chords from this articulation map and place them there.
To display other tracks when editing Selecting a track number in the track display view of the piano roll view will gray it out, but it can be displayed.
Since the data contains the information of the chord constituent sounds, you can also play the chord sounds by specifying the sound source.
And when you apply an articulation to a track, you can convert it to real-sounding notes, so you can work with a faint view of chord constructions.
I made an improved version.
I devised it because it is difficult to select from a large number of codes.
You can move by chromatic scale by pressing the page up key and page down key when selecting.
Please use it if you like.

スクリーンショット 2022-12-16 073356.png

スクリーンショット 2022-12-16 113647.png

スクリーンショット 2022-12-16 113607.png

Chord Track_ver2.zip

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

@1031 This is fantastic! The only thing I don't understand is: You can move by chromatic scale by pressing the page up key and page down key when selecting." 

If I insert a "D" into the articulation pane, and I want to change it to "E," is this what you're talking about ?

• Like 1

Sorry for the bad explanation.
When inserting an articulation, click the "C" at the top of the right pane of the dialog to bring it into focus.
And you can jump to the beginning of the code group whose root note is "C#" by pressing the page down key.
In this way, every time you press the page down key, you can move the root note by semitones.
Using this characteristic, for example, when you want to select the chord "Gm7-5", focus on "Cm7-5" and press the page down key 7 times to move the focus to "Gm7-5".
It is difficult to explain and I am not good at English, so I am worried whether I will be understood.

スクリーンショット 2022-12-19 094027.png

スクリーンショット 2022-12-19 094303.png

スクリーンショット 2022-12-19 094422.png

スクリーンショット 2022-12-19 094536.png

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 1031 said:

Sorry for the bad explanation.
When inserting an articulation, click the "C" at the top of the right pane of the dialog to bring it into focus.
And you can jump to the beginning of the code group whose root note is "C#" by pressing the page down key.
In this way, every time you press the page down key, you can move the root note by semitones.
Using this characteristic, for example, when you want to select the chord "Gm7-5", focus on "Cm7-5" and press the page down key 7 times to move the focus to "Gm7-5".
It is difficult to explain and I am not good at English, so I am worried whether I will be understood.

スクリーンショット 2022-12-19 094027.png

スクリーンショット 2022-12-19 094303.png

スクリーンショット 2022-12-19 094422.png

スクリーンショット 2022-12-19 094536.png

First, for someone speaking English as a second language, your English is very good! I understand now. What you have built here is amazingly helpful! Thank you!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

basically -- using page up/down steps through the list of keys so you're not simply scrolling endlessly. for me, i see a whole bunch spread across a big splash screen which allows me to select pretty quickly.

exactly.
If you right-click on the placed code and select Reassign, a list will be displayed.
By the way, you can quickly jump the focus by pressing the first letter of the codename on the keyboard at that time.
And I'm making sure that every time I press that key, I can move one step in the code with that acronym.

スクリーンショット 2022-12-20 072514.png

• 3 weeks later...

There's a function can turn existing notes to Articulations called “Extract keyswitch articulations”, I think it will be more useful that articulation map contains literally every chord, So I can just play midi keyboard and let it analyzes the notes to turn it to chord track.

image.png.1412aeee9c7bc3f6215542df4f16f273.png

Edited by hadada
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 11:13 AM, hadada said:

There's a function can turn existing notes to Articulations called “Extract keyswitch articulations”, I think it will be more useful that articulation map contains literally every chord, So I can just play midi keyboard and let it analyzes the notes to turn it to chord track.

image.png.1412aeee9c7bc3f6215542df4f16f273.png

It's certainly useful, but there are some issues that make it impractical.
This articulation doesn't show up in the piano roll, but it's really just a midi event, so
For example, even if the chord is exactly the same, it cannot be extracted if the root note is different by one octave.
Additionally, some chords did not extract correctly when extracted as applied to the track (e.g. B7).

15 hours ago, 1031 said:

It's certainly useful, but there are some issues that make it impractical.
This articulation doesn't show up in the piano roll, but it's really just a midi event, so
For example, even if the chord is exactly the same, it cannot be extracted if the root note is different by one octave.
Additionally, some chords did not extract correctly when extracted as applied to the track (e.g. B7).

Yeah there‘re some accuracy issues, those 4 notes chords are conflicting with triad chords make it work only sometimes,

Maybe it would help to separate those 7th chords and triad chords to different articulation map, So I can extract the 7th chords first then the triad chords, which I think should make it feasible.

Edited by hadada

4 hours ago, hadada said:

I tried to separate it into different articulation groups. It didn’t work quite well but separating it into different articulation maps works fine for me now.

image.thumb.png.fa33b09e6e988e2159a367be6138ee5e.png

wonderful. I see, so there was a way to do that.
As a pseudo-chord track, it may be better to have only one lane, so it might be a good idea to use it according to your purpose.