IK 4-for-all Mega BOGO - Buy 1, get 3 FREE

Heath Row

On 8/19/2022 at 4:24 AM, telecode 101 said:

Did anyone try the IKM Miroslav from Sweetwater deal yet?

I bought it from APD as I had a bunch of wallet points plus the credit note they issued for the value of ModoDrums.  Of course, I checked with IKM before buying! It qualified for the $149.99 tier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

I bought it from APD as I had a bunch of wallet points plus the credit note they issued for the value of ModoDrums.  Of course, I checked with IKM before buying! It qualified for the $149.99 tier.

HI Craig, was this the CE edition?

I'm not participating in the promo but that seems to be what APD has in stock and the $149 tier would make sense in that case. Sweetwater's may be the regular edition.

10 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

Using your rewards money you can get the MODO Drum SE for $39.99.

https://audioplugin.deals/modo-drum-1-5-se-by-ik-multimedia/

So would it now qualify for the promo, even though it can be purchased for the same price as it was during the "so cheap we can't possibly allow you to participate with this" deal?

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Never mind.  Please contact their support or ours if you have a question or are confused.  Thanks.

"Confused" is my default state of existence. :) But yeah, ok. I think instead of useless speculation I'll actually get in touch with IK's support about this.

And sorry about the ribbing, even if it's not targeted directly at you. I can see it getting tiresome after a while.

I checked and you have to pick and use just one of them, cause using either of them locks out the other one so you can't use both. They are not making it easy. If anyone knows a way to use both please post.

Still plenty of time to consider if I want to spend that much money.

Edited by chris.r

20 minutes ago, daveiv said:

Can you use extra kits with the free MODO Drum CS, or it has to be one of the paid versions?

I looked on the IK website for the same question wrt Syntronik 2.  The wording there and for MODO Drum CS (as well as other things I read) seem to be saying quite clearly (at least to me) that one of the ideas behind the CS + by-the-single strategy is so that people with CS versions can make by-the-single purchases (kits, instruments, etc.).

Build your drum room

A new Custom Shop has been added to MODO DRUM CS and SE, which makes it easy to unlock new kits. With a single click on your choice of drum kit in the Showroom, you’ll be redirected to the IK website where you’ll find all the options to fill your cart and check out. From there, open the IK Product Manager to download and install your new kit directly in MODO DRUM, ready to make music.

What’s new in MODO DRUM 1.5

Same price, 3 new kits: Brit Custom, Metal and Silver.

New Custom Shop and SE versions let you add new kits any time.

I am adding @Peter - IK Multimedia to this in case he wants to chime in.

You would have to check the "Compare" webpage to confirm that all features are included in CS versions, but it seems to me to be clear the intent of the CS [Custom Shop] revision is to give the consumers the ability to buy single kits, instruments, etc.

MODO BASS 2 CS on the other hand specifically states feature limitations.

MODO BASS 2 CS

1 model: ‘60s P-Bass.
No fretless capability. Reduced number of patterns. No pattern import.

We cannot assume all CS versions are fully functioning.  Due diligence is required.  That being said, it seems clear that individually purchased drum kits will work in MODO DRUM 1.5 CS based on what's printed on line.

Edited by User 905133
  • Great Idea 1

34 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I looked on the IK website for the same question wrt Syntronik 2.  The wording there and for MODO Drum CS (as well as other things I read) seem to be saying quite clearly (at least to me) that one of the ideas behind the CS + by-the-single strategy is so that people with CS versions can make by-the-single purchases (kits, instruments, etc.).

I am adding @Peter - IK Multimedia to this in case he wants to chime in.

You would have to check the "Compare" webpage to confirm that all features are included in CS versions, but it seems to me to be clear the intent of the CS [Custom Shop] revision is to give the consumers the ability to buy single kits, instruments, etc.

MODO BASS 2 CS on the other hand specifically states feature limitations.

We cannot assume all CS versions are fully functioning.  Due diligence is required.  That being said, it seems clear that individually purchased drum kits will work in MODO DRUM 1.5 CS based on what's printed on line.

That's a good point.

Now I'm curious about the upgrade path, since MODO kits don't seem to have version numbers. 1.5 -> 2 upgrade will be paid, but free 1.5 CS -> free 2 CS (with added kits) will be free?