IK 4-for-all Mega BOGO - Buy 1, get 3 FREE

Heath Row

Dang! I guess I spoke too soon?   Hmmm... I wonder if it's a glitch from my left-over spots from the Group Buy? 

To be clear, I didn't have any of the MODO Drums except for the FREE CS version. 

FWIW, this is what my Promo area looks like.

ik-promo.jpg

Edited by mibby

3 hours ago, jbl4311 said:

So just to be clear, the Sunset Sound Reverb Collection Upgrade for MixBox doesn't unlock the $49 level BOGO, unless you pay the full $49 (less jampoints)?  When I click buy now from the BOGO page it's coming up as $9.99 in my cart. If that's the case, then I'll select something else at the $49 level.

Sunset 3.jpg

My understanding is that the  sale price does not qualify 49. At least for me it didn't. You should get something else in 49 range.  

22 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

My understanding is that the  sale price does not qualify 49. At least for me it didn't. You should get something else in 49 range.  

Thanks for confirming. I'm looking at the three new drum kits for MODO but I have everything else in the $49 tier except Sunset for Mixbox.

After (nicely) expressing my views, I've had two responses from IK on Wednesday - 

• "Since this is a discounted purchase from Audio Plugin deals it does not qualify for the MEGA bogo Promotion. "
  • "Unfortunately, Audio Plugin Deals did not have the disclaimer but it does not change how the promotion works on our end."

A follow up email stating how their promotion is not working to their terms and conditions unsurprisingly got no response at all. No explanation, no talk of refunds. Just it's working as intended. Has anyone got anything useful from them at all?

Also opened a support ticket on Wednesday for the Drums 1.5 SE update not working (has trashed my 1.0 install, and is now demanding i reinstall the factory sounds - which i have as part of my saved1.0 install, but that's no good. I've got some drum sounds in the sounds section which are telling me they need to be updated, but the download links have expired - prob due to an unused 1.5 CS install) - and I have yet to hear anything from them. Probably just resetting the downloads would solve the issue, so I'm not expecting it to be a huge support issue, but for reasons it's taken a long time. 

In the meantime I keep getting "Wake me up before you BOGO" spam from them, so at least I know their email system hasn't imploded.

With that, and the comments from Peter here (particularly the one that got edited), I don't think I'll be buying anything IK in the future.

Oh - and AudioPluginDeals. You on the other hand know how to look after your customers. I complained to them. In literally a couple of minutes I got a credit note for the full price for my troubles, and got to keep the non-working Drum SE.  See IK - that's how you treat customers. It's not rocket science.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Mark Downer said:

Oh - and AudioPluginDeals. You on the other hand know how to look after your customers. I complained to them. In literally a couple of minutes I got a credit note for the full price for my troubles, and got to keep the non-working Drum SE.  See IK - that's how you treat customers. It's not rocket science.

this-is-the-way.thumb.jpg.7437ab48ffba7296e13011b0c79a3af4.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 5:01 PM, jbl4311 said:

So just to be clear, the Sunset Sound Reverb Collection Upgrade for MixBox doesn't unlock the $49 level BOGO, unless you pay the full $49 (less jampoints)?  When I click buy now from the BOGO page it's coming up as $9.99 in my cart. If that's the case, then I'll select something else at the $49 level.

Sunset 3.jpg

Gotcha.  The 9.99 version is not listed on the 4-For-All page so it shouldn't qualify for entry (especially since there are really no 9.99 or lower options to choose from) so you'd want to choose a different 49.99 option.

And to the other posts, yes APD is taking care of people due to not having the proper disclaimer posted on their site starting on the proper date...  Good to see.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Gotcha.  The 9.99 version is not listed on the 4-For-All page so it shouldn't qualify for entry (especially since there are really no 9.99 or lower options to choose from) so you'd want to choose a different 49.99 option.

And to the other posts, yes APD is taking care of people due to not having the proper disclaimer posted on their site starting on the proper date...  Good to see.

But There is no 9.99 version of that plugin .  there is only one version. Else it would mean there is a lite stripped version of it and a regular 49.99 version.

The fact that someone bought SSRS and Mixbox in the past is irrelevant to the value of the plugin.

Anyways, Most of the items listed  on the $49 tiers aren't ever worth a buck. Old SampleTank loops e.t.c... Seems silly to lose customer faith over old loops. 

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 3

On 8/9/2022 at 1:28 AM, Mark Downer said:

Agreed; kudos to APD who issued me a credit note almost as soon as I contacted them last night.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...