IK 4-for-all Mega BOGO - Buy 1, get 3 FREE

Heath Row

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

When I first discovered IKM here in the forum, I just assumed it meant they put the needs and interests of musicians first ahead of anything else.  Then I decided that it probably means they are musicians.  I also started to wondered if they have jams at meetings, etc. In any case, I assume they all share a love of music, not as listeners, but as people who do (or have done) music: that is as musicians.  

I have been dealing with IKM for years. I have discovered that the best thing from IKM is the free stuff. Sooner or later, everything gets offered free to suck you into their ecosystem which you can't resell out of. 🙂

15 hours ago, MusicMan said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia are you able to advise on this one please? The upgrade does qualify, however only the free Classic T-Racks Equalizer is available to select.

Thanks

Edit - misread.  Please work with IK Support if you have an issue but note that crossgrades and full versions are listed separately on the promo page for that reason but I don't see the 9.99 tier there.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia

An update from my support ticket: "Our team is working with Audio Plugin Deals to provide you with a refund. This should be distributed in the coming days."

I'm satisfied with this as it doesn't leave me 'out of pocket' for a product I wouldn't otherwise have bought.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That's awesome, @Craig Fowler!

I'm also curious if this is a recent official development. The response I got on my ticket around 11am EDT was "If you wish to request a refund, you would need to contact Audio Plugin Deals as that is where you purchased MODO DRUM 1.5 SE from. We are not responsible for the handling of their funds, and it is up to their discretion/policies to provide you with a refund or not."

1 hour ago, Paul Cohen said:

I'm also curious if this is a recent official development. The response I got on my ticket around 11am EDT was "If you wish to request a refund, you would need to contact Audio Plugin Deals as that is where you purchased MODO DRUM 1.5 SE from. We are not responsible for the handling of their funds, and it is up to their discretion/policies to provide you with a refund or not."

I would push back on this, hard. Why should you have the responsibility for persuading their licensed vendor on this? If IK’s licensed vendor screwed up, IK is the one who should be taking charge of the solution, since it is 1) profiting from this, 2) could have easily drafted its own terms to avoid this situation; and 3) has much more leverage with APD than you would ever have. This “not my problem” attitude is just totally unacceptable coming from a company that claims to value customer service. I’m actually astonished by how long they are allowing people to twist in the wind over this. They are burning way more customer good will with all who are observing this than they will ever save in $ from the relatively small number of people affected.

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 2

Oh man, IKM customer service is sooo bad. 

2 hours ago, Paul Cohen said:

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

I would push back on this, hard. Why should you have the responsibility for persuading their licensed vendor on this? If IK’s licensed vendor screwed up, IK is the one who should be taking charge of the solution, since it is 1) profiting from this, 2) could have easily drafted its own terms to avoid this situation; and 3) has much more leverage with APD than you would ever have. This “not my problem” attitude is just totally unacceptable coming from a company that claims to value customer service. I’m actually astonished by how long they are allowing people to twist in the wind over this. They are burning way more customer good will with all who are observing this than they will ever save in $ from the relatively small number of people affected.

Sorry to hear your response wasn't so helpful @Paul Cohen. My assumption all along has been that if we hadn't registered the serials, APD would probably be accommodating with refunds. Of course, some of us are in the communal boat because we did register the serial only to find it didn't qualify us for the promo. And I'd be surprised if APD could/would refund in that case without assistance from IK to cancel the license registrations.

It kinda sounds like the customer service folks aren't singing from the same song sheet. And @LAGinz is right on; individuals have virtually no leverage in cases like this and rely on companies involved to fix things .

I'd be very cautious at this point about entering any future group buys/promos other than by buying the qualifying product directly from IKM's webstore.

9 hours ago, chris.r said:

Could lead you into the same puddle :( 

Yeah. I may have jumped into this GB with a higher priced item.. but to be frank.. I do like to limit my exposure to IKM after this sort of shenanigan. Changing terms on the fly is nonsense IMO. They should/could have verified first before turning around on you and doing this.

• Like 1

I've got to say, it sure seems like marketing didn't to their due diligence and missed the Audio Plugin Deals sale on MODO Drums.  IMHO, this is squarely on them - especially since the language was changed after the fact.  I'm still holding out hope that IK will do the right thing and include this oversight as a part of their promotion. My experience to-date is they've always been fair, even if their whole ecosystem and pricing is a confusing mess.

On the other hand, I had never really considered the MODO Drums, but this video really changed my opinion.

That said, the APD sale seems like a fantastic price regardless of whether of not IK does the right thing regarding their oversight. I'm really looking forward to trying this out because IK makes great products.  And with all the amazing Group Buys and giveaways, it's hard to complain about something like this, but still...

Another thing to consider is that with the SE version, we will eventually have an upgrade sale too...

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Yeah. I may have jumped into this GB with a higher priced item.. but to be frank.. I do like to limit my exposure to IKM after this sort of shenanigan. Changing terms on the fly is nonsense IMO. They should/could have verified first before turning around on you and doing this.

Or simply let us have the SE entry. Win/win. It's not like they are loosing much, this sale is heavily restricted in compare to some great group buys of the past. I don't need Modo drums SE so I'm not buying it.

• Great Idea 2

For EU buddies: there are tools designed for disputes between consumers and traders in the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. I had to use it once with BestService and was entirely online, free and fast (within a week,IIRC).  

IKM is Italy-based, so, those within the EU affected by a legit MODO DRUM 1.5 SE unqualifying product for the GB *maybe* could get european customer policies protection. It might be worth a try go for a Online Dispute Resolution for unfair-treatment/commercial-practices. 

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/consumer-rights-and-complaints/resolve-your-consumer-complaint_en

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

I misunderstood MODO Drum. It's main selling point is that it's a physically modelled drum kit - from that I understood that it was a bit like Pianoteq in that, while it's a piano, you get sound packs that use the engine in different ways to produce sounds ranging from tubular bells to electric pianos. I was hoping this meant that MODO Drum could do brushes, as it seems that this might be a tweak in the modelling algorithm.

There are no brushes in MODO Drum, and the cymbals are sampled meaning that the overall footprint is still relatively sizable: just something to be aware of when deciding whether or not to purchase.

On 8/5/2022 at 12:06 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Edit - misread.  Please work with IK Support if you have an issue but note that crossgrades and full versions are listed separately on the promo page for that reason but I don't see the 9.99 tier there.

So just to be clear, the Sunset Sound Reverb Collection Upgrade for MixBox doesn't unlock the $49 level BOGO, unless you pay the full $49 (less jampoints)?  When I click buy now from the BOGO page it's coming up as $9.99 in my cart. If that's the case, then I'll select something else at the $49 level.

Sunset 3.jpg

For those who purchased MODO Drum 1.5SE from the Audio Plugin Deals... it worked for me today!  I registered it to start playing around, the went and checked the Promotions section because I have like 13 left over from the T-Racks GB and wanted to see if anything had changed there, and lo and behold, there are 3 picks in there for the 4-for-all Mega BOGO!    Thanks IK for coming through!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1