IK 4-for-all Mega BOGO - Buy 1, get 3 FREE

Heath Row

15 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Are there any promo items $10 or less?

The discounted price is irrelevant.  Sunset Sound Reverb Collection for MixBox (nothing about discounts not counting) is grouped under the  $/€49.99 Entry Point on the Mega BOGO page.

Edited by user4325874
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, user4325874 said:

The discounted price is irrelevant.  Sunset Sound Reverb Collection for MixBox (nothing about discounts not counting) is grouped under the  $/€49.99 Entry Point on the Mega BOGO page.

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

Well this is the thing.  They are mincing words when it comes to the "value" of the product.  Is the value what you paid for it or is the value what they post on their site on the promo? If I were to buy the product from another reseller who has it on clearance, and I paid 50% off, it has no bearing on what the value of the product is. IKM should not be changing the value of the product based on what you paid for it. They should be deeming the value of the product based on what they are posting on their site for the promo.

You can buy Modo 2 upgrade for $188 on Thomman. IKM can't turn around and say, "We checked the Thomman site yesterday and you paid $188 so you are not in the $249  tier".

And also, the jam points are a benefit you pay for through purchasing other products from them.

It's just IKM up to their usual shenanigans again.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, user4325874 said:

HUH?????  Are you saying IK upped the price to $/€49.99 so it could be included in the BOGT promo at that price point?  Say it isn't so!!!!! 

My bad.  I was logged in when I clicked on the link, so I saw the upgrade/crossgrade price 9.99.  After I logged out I saw it was 49.99.

Edited by User 905133
to add a "my bad" comment

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Value is different to cost and it's in the $49 section though. IK has normally worked on value, so even with the APD one it's a shift from what they've previously done.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

So just yesterday I tried to claim my promos from the T-Racks 5 GB, and couldn't claim any. I get this as response:

"Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

The reason the selections are greyed out is because you own all of the items. You can not select items you already own."

Does it ever worked like this?

7 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia are you able to advise on this one please? The upgrade does qualify, however only the free Classic T-Racks Equalizer is available to select.

Thanks

On 8/4/2022 at 8:57 AM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I don't know, or I can talk to people here too but note the choices I mentioned above would be 39.99 or less.

Peter, have you been able to raise the discontent here back at IK HQ?

Despite what's been posted here in this forum, and in support tickets, these are the T&Cs as stated on IKM's own website.

image.thumb.png.a0176aa208abfa1675c904e3e9f22226.png

I know you've cited the 'sole discretion to terminate or modify the promotion' clause, but essentially what's happening here is that IK is simply saying 'nah' without a valid reason. Literally the only two criteria stated for a product to be eligible for this promotion are that:

a) the product must be registered between Aug 2nd and Aug 31st

b) only new purchases, not transfers or giveaways are eligible.

Those of us who bought ModoDrum at APD have fulfilled both of these criteria: There is still no indication either on IKM's website, or on APD's that people who buy ModoDrum from APD will not qualify for the promotion. And, given that it is listed as a $149.99 entry point, nor is it easy to see any justification for why it would suddenly only be counted towards a $39.99 tier product if IK decided to accept it as a qualifying purchase.

image.png.be0b1c0b8a738e39f6eb27eb750c12f2.png

I'm not a lawyer, but this seems incredibly sketchy. I simply don't see how IK has a leg to stand on in not honouring this. And from a business perspective, it seems astonishing that a company that just gave away what? 50+ products for the price of one in a group buy isn't willing to make some effort to retain customers' goodwill.

Please understand that I've always appreciated you here Peter and don't want to shoot the messenger. But something stinks here, and customers are being hung out to dry.

• Like 5

Welcome @Craig Fowler

Sometimes, IKM does weird things 

I discussed it with Peter in another promotion and thread in this forum

I'm sorry @Peter - IK Multimedia, you may not agree with this, but from my point of view and for some time now, IKM has problems with its customers and with promotions and it must be for some reason

I love IKM and has a lot of cool stuff, but my feeling and experience is that IKM is only thinking about selling more products, not taking care of their existing customers

Of course... I respect IKM's marketing decisions and moves, but I have a feeling that something is not working as expected from the customer's point of view, because there are a lot of angry people, not only in this forum, but also in other different forums where people talk about the same problems and that we are sharing here

As I said in other topic and thread in this forum, IKM should think about these things, but I see that nothing has changed

However, we are on time and it can still be corrected

We all make mistakes, and I the first

Edited by Niky Serrano
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

Those of us who bought ModoDrum at APD have fulfilled both of these criteria: There is still no indication either on IKM's website, or on APD's that people who buy ModoDrum from APD will not qualify for the promotion. And, given that it is listed as a $149.99 entry point, nor is it easy to see any justification for why it would suddenly only be counted towards a $39.99 tier product if IK decided to accept it as a qualifying purchase.

FWIW, there is now a line about this under "Key Features" of the APD deal, but that was added Wed afternoon (EDT), after many of us already purchased.

In my support ticket earlier Wed morning, I had outlined that there was no existing communication even hinting that the APD deal wouldn't qualify, and I requested that they add clarifications for this - IKM responded with "We have reached out to Audio Plugin Deals to add a disclaimer to the MODO DRUM 1.5 page on their site". This makes it seem like they did that in response to my request and/or other support tickets...so yeah, really not fair to retroactively apply that disclaimer to those of us who purchased the APD deal when there was every indication (from all of IKM's past deals as well as every term and condition we could find at that time) that it would work.
UPDATE: in a recent support email, IKM confirmed that they had reached out to APD with the disclaimer before the promo went live, so good on them for that. That being said, that doesn't change what our situation was as customers, so I believe the rest of what I've said is still valid!

Also agreed that only counting cost paid instead of the product's value opens a huge can of worms, and is not how past IKM promos have worked (and as a web developer myself, that change seems like a crazy pain to implement 😅). That's not to say IKM can't change what they do - it's awesome of them to run these promos in the first place! - but why not just add a line or two to the promo description to make this clear? (The current wording actually says "value" everywhere and mentions nothing about price paid - e.g. "register your purchase and choose three more software titles of equal or lesser value".)

I am not questioning the actual legality of how IKM is handling this, as that "IK Multimedia reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate or modify the promotion" line basically lets them do whatever they want. But I am very much questioning how IKM is living up to its "Musicians First" tagline.

Edited by Paul Cohen
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul Cohen said:

But I am very much questioning how IKM is living up to its "Musicians First" tagline.

When I first discovered IKM here in the forum, I just assumed it meant they put the needs and interests of musicians first ahead of anything else.  Then I decided that it probably means they are musicians.  I also started to wondered if they have jams at meetings, etc. In any case, I assume they all share a love of music, not as listeners, but as people who do (or have done) music: that is as musicians.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Cohen said:

I am not questioning the actual legality of how IKM is handling this, as that "IK Multimedia reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate or modify the promotion" line basically lets them do whatever they want. 

That is not necessarily true. If a company makes an untrue representation, which is relied on by a customer, to his or her detriment, and the customer had no reason at the time of purchase to think the company had made a mistake, —-such disclaimers do not automatically get the company off the hook.

Edited by LAGinz

8 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

That is not necessarily true. If a company makes an untrue representation, which is relied on by a customer, to his or her detriment, and the customer had no reason at the time of purchase to think the company had made a mistake, —-such disclaimers do not automatically get the company off the hook.

Hah, good to know. Maybe I can pass my current support ticket off to you? 😅

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

When I first discovered IKM here in the forum, I just assumed it meant they put the needs and interests of musicians first ahead of anything else.  Then I decided that it probably means they are musicians.  I also started to wondered if they have jams at meetings, etc. In any case, I assume they all share a love of music, not as listeners, but as people who do (or have done) music: that is as musicians.  

Ah...so you interpret it as "our employees are musicians", not "we care about our customers" (although I hope both can be true!)