IK 4-for-all Mega BOGO - Buy 1, get 3 FREE

Heath Row

2 hours ago, user4325874 said:

...because they didn't ask APD to add a disclaimer beforehand and could have easily waited with the BOGO until the  AudioPlugIn Deal was over...

That's an assumption and incorrect.  Our rep has contacted APD to get the information about this exclusion posted as was originally planned with them.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, user4325874 said:

It's ok if they exclude the APD sale with included disclaimer, but IKM should honor their own 4-for-all Mega BOGO rules if MODO SE 1.5 is already registered before the new disclaimer (that's nowhere to be seen on the IKM website).

All software titles on the Mega BOGO page are eligible* to enter this promo and are available as FREE titles of equal or lesser value. Two must-have examples:

*Excludes software pre-orders

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=13155

I agree. This is the email I just sent IK:

Respectfully, this feels very much like changing the rules of the game while the game is underway. Previous promos have not differentiated between the price paid for a product and the list price: Historically, products purchased at a discount have still been valued at the IKM website price for determining free products. 

I see that the APD website has been updated to note that this product doesn't qualify - but when it is listed as a qualifying product on your website AND it was purchased during the time frame of the promo I feel rather strongly that IK should honour this as a qualifying purchase.(per the terms on IKM's website: The promotion applies to new purchases from the beginning of the promotion only (product transfers and products received as giveaways are ineligible). 

I like IKM and their products a lot, and have no problem with them having all the T&Cs they want re promos, but there are going to be a bunch of us who've just bought licenses for products we don't need to get in on this...because that's how IK has conditioned us to approach their promos.

• Like 1

Note that there's also this on every promotion, so what support has replied to others here is correct:

IK Multimedia reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate or modify the promotion.

And if this was part of the deal you'd have choices of 39.99 or below which are SampleTank instruments I would guess many of you already have.

1 minute ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

That's an assumption and incorrect.  Our rep has contacted APD to get the information about this exclusion posted as was originally planned with them.

Hi Peter

In this case, what are the odds APD can be convinced to refund purchases made to enter the promo (IK are pretty heavy hitters, right?)? I don't want anyone to be 'out of pocket' but that includes myself - and I don't even use the existing license I have for Modo Drums, much less the redundant one!

I have just registered my T-Racks 5 SE and no BOGO promo has been added. In addition I can't select and claim any plugin from my T-racks group buy. What's going on! :(
I have sent support form already, but received any solution.

Just got my response...

Since this is a discounted purchase from Audio Plugin deals it does not qualify for the MEGA bogo Promotion.

So... whether APD were slow with the update on the website or not , the faq on the IK website did not state this VERY specific term at all. If it had done, I wouldn't have made the purchase (and just to annoy further, my modo drum no longer works due to the reasons mentioned in the other thread). Would happily have a refund for that instead. 

Have sent my thoughts back to IK on this one. And sure, they can reserve the right to change the terms of the promotion, but they have to tell people they're doing so! That's why you have a terms and conditions page which can be updated. It comes across as unprofessional and a little shady to say we can change the terms whenever we want without actually telling anyone what you have changed.

Even the new talk of the value of the qualifying product now has to be equal to what was originally paid for the product is changing the goal posts again, and is not what is set out in the terms of the promotion. Modo drum SE has a specifc value, and the terms do not stop you from registering a discounted item. So why isn't that honoured?  And historically it has never been an issue before when using a discounted product in one of the group buys, so why is it now?

Pretty disappointing tactics really. In my line of work, when promos aren't set up correctly from the start, the company takes the hit. Not the customer.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Mark Downer said:

Just got my response...

Since this is a discounted purchase from Audio Plugin deals it does not qualify for the MEGA bogo Promotion.

So... whether APD were slow with the update on the website or not , the faq on the IK website did not state this VERY specific term at all. If it had done, I wouldn't have made the purchase (and just to annoy further, my modo drum no longer works due to the reasons mentioned in the other thread). Would happily have a refund for that instead. 

Have sent my thoughts back to IK on this one. And sure, they can reserve the right to change the terms of the promotion, but they have to tell people they're doing so! That's why you have a terms and conditions page which can be updated. It comes across as unprofessional and a little shady to say we can change the terms whenever we want without actually telling anyone what you have changed.

Even the new talk of the value of the qualifying product now has to be equal to what was originally paid for the product is changing the goal posts again, and is not what is set out in the terms of the promotion. Modo drum SE has a specifc value, and the terms do not stop you from registering a discounted item. So why isn't that honoured?  And historically it has never been an issue before when using a discounted product in one of the group buys, so why is it now?

Pretty disappointing tactics really. In my line of work, when promos aren't set up correctly from the start, the company takes the hit. Not the customer.

Agreed. I think at the least, ik should be working with APD to facilitate refunds for those who only bought modo drums to join the promo.

• Like 5
  • Great Idea 1

A change of pace. The only things I didn't own from IK were the 'Joe Chiccarelli Vocal', and the Tascam Tape collection. So in the previous T-RackS Group Buy I was going to get them, I kept telling myself plenty of time, plenty of time, you know how it is. Then a couple of  days ago I was checking something online, and it popped in my head 'the group buy, the group buy. I quickly loaded up the site, purchased the Joe Chiccarelli Vocal plugin then went to the 'Promotions' page in my account, nothing there? no problem I thought, it'll be here soon.

I kept checking back, hours went by, I started to think either something was wrong, or I had missed the GB. The Group Buy page did say 0 days left, but a recent Email from IK which had a count down timer said there was still 12hours and a bit left. Waited a few more hours still nothing, so I checked my purchase receipt, and there it was, dated 2nd August, I had indeed missed it. No one to blame but myself, but I was still pissed off.

I went to sleep, and when I woke up in the morning I went with hope in my heart and checked my 'Promotions' page, and to my joy and surprise there it was, no not the freebies from the Group Buy, but from something called the '4-for-all Mega BOGO, I never heard of it, hadn't received any Emails about it, nothing. I thought It must be a mistake, but I was able to select and download 3 out of the 4 modules of the Tascam Tape Collection, yeah, all was good in the world again. Even though I had never heard of it, and certainly never consciously entered it, IK had entered my previous purchase into the BOGO.

All I was going to get from the previous GB which I missed was the 'Joe Chiccarelli Vocal' as the entry, and then the 4 modules for the Tascam Collection, wasn't going to worry about anything else because I already owned everything. Going from thinking I had missed my chance, to getting a nice surprise and almost everything I was after.

Thanks IK 👍

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Note that there's also this on every promotion, so what support has replied to others here is correct:

And if this was part of the deal you'd have choices of 39.99 or below which are SampleTank instruments I would guess many of you already have.

I've never seen BOGO's work like that. It's retail value that counts not the discounted price.

But there's still not a mention on the IKM website about discounted products not counting, so you (IKM) haven't even modified the promotion on your website. Still Only: Product transfers and giveaways are ineligibly.

But since the disclaimer has been added some leeway for the customer who already bought from APD would show considerable goodwill from IKM towards their customers even if the situation wasn't exactly going as planned.  And I'm saying this as a long time customer of IKM who has got about all of your software anyway. 

Edited by user4325874
  • Like 1

I have yet to receive a reply from IKM sales support. I bought into the Mixbox  Sunset upgrade item and have yet to get the promo item applied.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/index.php?A=mixbox-collection-sunset&R=INIT

It clearly states

"All software titles on our site are eligible* to enter this promo and are available as FREE titles of equal or lesser value."

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

49 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I have yet to receive a reply from IKM sales support. I bought into the Mixbox  Sunset upgrade item and have yet to get the promo item applied.

It clearly states   "All software titles on our site are eligible* to enter this promo and are available as FREE titles of equal or lesser value."

Are there any promo items $10 or less?

On 8/2/2022 at 5:34 PM, Fleer said:

Dang, wish I hadn’t registered my Modo Drum 1.5 SE yet. 

Agree with all of you, but what if you use jam points to buy the qualifying product? Is the initial stated value the ceiling on selecting bonus plugins or the price after jam points are applied?