IK 4-for-all Mega BOGO - Buy 1, get 3 FREE

Heath Row

23 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

My understanding is that a dealer is someone who gets their product straight from the manufacturer, whereas a reseller is basically anyone (besides the manufacturer) who sells the product. Since Audio Plugin Deals most likely get their keys from IK and not from some unauthorized sources, I'd say they qualify as dealer. Some dude on KVR on the other hand, probably not.

But what do I know.

I'd agree with that - I read the faq, and thought it works this way (and have seen others buy IK products on other site deals and use them as qualifying products).  Audioplugindeals have done a number of offers and freebies with IK, so presumed they are seen as an official dealer of IK software. So I was a little surprised when it didn't work, and I wouldn't have bought them otherwise (didn't need the extra kits over Modo 1), but guess I've been caught out on a selling technicality that was beyond my understanding! Will report back if I get a support reply.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mark Downer said:

I'd agree with that - I read the faq, and thought it works this way (and have seen others buy IK products on other site deals and use them as qualifying products).  Audioplugindeals have done a number of offers and freebies with IK, so presumed they are seen as an official dealer of IK software. So I was a little surprised when it didn't work, and I wouldn't have bought them otherwise (didn't need the extra kits over Modo 1), but guess I've been caught out on a selling technicality that was beyond my understanding! Will report back if I get a support reply.

Yup. I agree with this. Waiting to see how it pans out. We shall see what @Peter - IK Multimedia finds out. IME, whenever a new IKM deals kicks in, there is usually a bit of running around and confusion until it gets sorted out.

• Like 2

IKM support confirmed the following:

Purchases from Thomann Music qualify for the promotion.

Products purchased at a discount are still valued at the IKM website price for determining your free qualifying products.

So I can purchase the Modo Bass 2 upgrade from Thomann for $144 and select three free products with IKM website prices up to $199.

Edited by Olong Johnson
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Olong Johnson said:

Products purchased at a discount are still valued at the IKM website price for determining your free qualifying products.

Not sure I understand while I read this. Do they say that they are still speculating the outcome for us if we buy at APD?

I get that we'll jump in at it's official price even when bought with discount from APD. At least that's how it used to be previously.

Edited by chris.r

1 hour ago, Olong Johnson said:

IKM support confirmed the following:

Purchases from Thomann Music qualify for the promotion.

So I can purchase the Modo Bass 2 upgrade from Thomann for $144 and select three free products with IKM website prices up to $199.

Did they reply via email? I am still waiting to hear back from them.

6 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Not sure I understand while I read this. Do they say that they are still speculating the outcome for us if we buy at APD?

I get that we jump in at it's official price even when bought with discount from APD.

I don't know if APD qualifies, I only asked about Thomann Music. 

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

Did they reply via email? I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Yes. I got an email about an hour after my first inquiry earlier today.

• Like 1

The APD deal is sadly a no-go for this promotion - here's the email reply I received back:

"It does not qualify as MODO DRUM 1.5 was heavily discounted via AudioPlugIn Deals. So it can not overlap with our current promotion"

I suggested further clarifications were needed, and IK replied that they had reached out to APD to add a disclaimer to the deal page...so hopefully that helps others avoid this confusion.

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Paul Cohen said:

The APD deal is sadly a no-go for this promotion - here's the email reply I received back:

"It does not qualify as MODO DRUM 1.5 was heavily discounted via AudioPlugIn Deals. So it can not overlap with our current promotion"

I suggested further clarifications were needed, and IK replied that they had reached out to APD to add a disclaimer to the deal page...so hopefully that helps others avoid this confusion.

That's IK changing the rules during the promotion which is very questionable because they didn't ask APD to add a disclaimer beforehand and could have easily waited with the BOGO until the  AudioPlugIn Deal was over.

From IKM website: The promotion applies to new purchases from the beginning of the promotion only (product transfers and products received as giveaways are ineligible).

Nothing about discounted product not counting for the IK 4-for-all Mega BOGO, only product transfers and giveaways are inelligible.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, user4325874 said:

That's IK changing the rules during the promotion which is very questionable because they didn't ask APD to add a disclaimer beforehand and could have easily waited with the BOGO until the  AudioPlugIn Deal was over.

From IKM website: The promotion applies to new purchases from the beginning of the promotion only (product transfers and products received as giveaways are ineligible).

Nothing about discounted product not counting for the IK 4-for-all Mega BOGO, only product transfers and giveaways are inelligible.

Yup..I agree. It doesn't make sense to exclude some item just because it's not on the correct site. 

So they didn't reveal that APD are not a dealer?

3 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

So they didn't reveal that APD are not a dealer?

Nope - just that it was basically too good a deal to count for the promotion 🙄 The disclaimer that now shows on APD says "This sale, because of the low price and great deal, will not count towards IK Multimedia’s current BOGO Buy 1 get 3 free".

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Paul Cohen said:

Nope - just that it was basically too good a deal to count for the promotion 🙄 The disclaimer that now shows on APD says "This sale, because of the low price and great deal, will not count towards IK Multimedia’s current BOGO Buy 1 get 3 free".

It's ok if they exclude the APD sale with included disclaimer, but IKM should honor their own 4-for-all Mega BOGO rules if MODO SE 1.5 is already registered before the new disclaimer (that's nowhere to be seen on the IKM website).

All software titles on the Mega BOGO page are eligible* to enter this promo and are available as FREE titles of equal or lesser value. Two must-have examples:

*Excludes software pre-orders

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=13155

• Like 1