move Over Rover

Jesse Screed

1 hour ago, Johnbee58 said:

Sound like something Dylan would've done years ago.  Great sound.

😀John B

since you went there:P  it's sounds like something right off of Highway 61,  when he was jamming with Paul Butterfield.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Myriad Rocker said:

Can you talk a bit about your micing on the guitar?  I like it.  Also, what you did as far as EQ, etc to it.  It kind of sounds like it was plugged in, but I don't want to make that assumption.

Hello Myriad, thanks for asking.

The guitar is a Hohner HG 90  made in Japan about 1980.  It has a Fishman Rare Earth pickup in the sound hole.   and  went direct into a Roland vs100.  I had post effects of Fabfilter Saturn using the Acoustic Picker setting and tweaked the bands to taste, mostly just rolled off the low end.  Then I went through the IK White 2A to get about 1 db compression.  That was run to the Master where I did some gentle tweaks to taste, but nothing groundbreaking, magic, or secret.

So kudos to your ears for noticing that it was plugged in.  When I was listening on playback the guitar did sound kind of digital to me too,  not terribly so, but some.  It's funny, I am virtually deaf in one ear, but it seems that over time I am starting to hear anomalies in music, my own and others.   I was listening to soome zep today,  songs from Presence, and I had to keep rewinding to see if I was really hearing what I did.

Edited by Jesse Screed
forgot to add

To

Joad

Daryl

John B

Gary

and Spak,

Thanks for the listen.  I know that my stuff is not necessarily a perfect match for this song forum, but it is the only place I know or care to post, except for SoundClick (where I never get comments),

But I always get a kick out of reading the comments.  It's all in fun for me, and when I hit a clinker I will hear that too, all good.

Thanks again for taking the time!

• Like 1

Jesse
You posted a song a while ago about trying to get someone out of your mind by drinking etc.  I remember because it motivated me to write something similar. And speaking of hearing anomalies, lately anything in the 4.7K Hz freq sounds distorted to me so certain songs sound like a radio that's not tuned in correctly.

Anyway, I really like this song esp the guitar playing.

• Thanks 1

I'm glad that you do post on this forum Jesse, because I always find your music interesting and creative.  You actually do have a hint of a folk-rock feel to this song and the plugged acoustic sounds good.  There is actually the embryo of a nice melody going on also. Cool stuff!   Keep posting you music pal, I surely enjoy it.