Winamp Is Back- Not a deal

Tim Smith

This may get us banned but after downloading with limewire and Napster I would play on Winamp hahah

Of course most MP3’s were mislabeled, viruses, terrible quality, or cut off before the chorus. Kids these days won’t know the pain of trying to find your favorite song :)

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Patrick Wichrowski said:

I'm still in 2.9.1
Winamp.png.330aa5dca6be41a4801952ce4ec6357b.png

I cannot check right now, but I believe I'm on this version as well. No reason to change.

As for the new Winamp...I actually think this is very clever and interesting. There's an entire generation of people who instantly recognizes the name.  What if...and this is not going to happen but....what if is would be some combination of youtube / soundcloud / Spotify / Tunein (or whatever radio app) / Distrokid (or whatever distributor) etc. They talk about fair income for creators and releasing music, so there is a model behind this. 

I'm very curious as to how they are planning to market this and what it will be.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Thanks I may try that again, when I used it years ago I never bonded with the layout of the interface. 

The layout in Foobar2000 is very customizable, so you can change it to suit your taste.

Edited by pseudopop
clarity

I wonder what's going on here. Justin Frankel, the original Winamp developer, stopped working on it and founded Cockos (Reaper). Is he going back to Winamp, or is it a whole new set of peeps, and Justin has nothing to do with it? He sold Nullsoft to AOL in '99, who then closed the San Francisco office of Nullsoft in December 2003, laying off 450 people. Justin resigned a month later, so my guess is he has nothing to do with the new incarnation, whatever and whenever that might be.

Edited by John Maar

13 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Are we still talking about Foobar2000? Because I don't think it has ever had a "classic" skin/layout, since it's all about customizing the UX.

Oh I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention.  I was talking about Winamp but I see you were talking about Foobar2000.

3 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

Oh I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention.  I was talking about Winamp but I see you were talking about Foobar2000.

Understandable, my post had not other context except the quoted text. I have now edited my post to make it more clear which program I'm talking about.