Z3TA+ no longer recognised as a soft synth and Session Drummer gone altogether

kevmsmith81

Hi all.

Wonder if any of you fine people can assist please?

I'm a former user of Sonar Professional, which I purchased through Steam back in the day.

I decided to load up an old project, which dates back to the Sonar days.  When I loaded it up, I got a message to say some synths could not be found.  One I understood and was cool with, as it's an entirely 3rd party one which I'd forgotten to reinstall following a recent Windows reset I needed to do.

However, more troubling was the lack of Session Drummer and Z3TA. 

I know Z3TA is on my system - the files are all there, and it will load up if I fire up Sonar Professional.   It seems to show up in the VST effects menu, although when trying to add a synth track it doesn't show up.

Session Drummer seems to be gone altogether, as it doesn't seem to show up in Sonar either.  SD I can work around, as I have alternatives.  Z3TA was a vital component to this project though, and is also with some others I planned to finish soon.

I can't go back to Sonar though, as even though it's on Steam which still recognises my licence key, it will only load up in Demo mode meaning I can't actually save anything.

Has anybody else managed to get Z3TA to work in Cakewalk since it became a Bandlab product?  Or am I stuffed on this one?  Would be kind of irritating if I can't use it, as I bought my Sonar licence with all the stuff that came with it in good faith.

Edited by kevmsmith81

Z3ta+ Classic ships with 2 effects dlls and one synth dll. The plug-in normally appears in both effect and synth plug-in lists.

I have not seen a Steam based SONAR installation but suspect the plug-in paths need to be manually added to the CbB scan path in preferences.

FWIW, all the plug-ins bundled with 64bit Platinum show up in CbB including the 3 Z3ta+ Classic plug-ins and Session Drummer.

What's CbB?   I have set all my plugin paths via preferences so all the plugs which loaded in Sonar should load, but these two are conspicuous by their absence.

And thanks for the replies...!

Edited by kevmsmith81

2 minutes ago, scook said:

Cakewalk by BandLab

There is an option to create a scan log on the VST preference page. Enable the option and run a VST Reset. The log will show if Z3ta+ and Session Drummer dlls are getting scanned.

Ah lol, should have figured that one out!!  Thanks, I will have to do that.

Hey if you haven't found a solution I may have a fix ---!!! ( I had similar problem)

My instruments that came with Cakewalk were only showing in the effects slots on channels and not as VSTs...

There is an option somewhere (some kind of list of VST and effects ... I can't remember where exactly) some kind of list/category/ settings where you have check boxes of what kind of software the vst is - effect, instrument, etc

If you can find this page you can check the box for instrument and it should show up!!! 

(Hopefully this vague descript is a help)