Export Tempo Changes

Bajan Blue

On occasions when I have tempo changes in a project, if I am sending this out to someone else, who is probably not using Cakewalk, I used to copy the tempo change details from the table on the right side of the tempo map - I just went to do this, and the table has gone!! I've had a good look around to see if i can get it back, but no luck.

It was definitely there in a previous version of Cakewalk and it seems to have moved / been removed from the latest version

Anyone know how to get this table back or another way to export the Tempo Changes?

Thanks

Nigel

Save the project as a MIDI file, and export any audio tracks separately. Pretty much every DAW can open a .mid, so get the recipient to open that first which will import the tempo map and then import in any exported audio tracks after that, which should line up with the MIDI tempo map.

Edit: Sorry, for the second part of your question there, the Tempo Map has now moved to the Inspector pane. Go to Views > Tempo  (or do Alt+Shift+5) and that'll get you right there. But doing the MIDI file export is a much faster way to get a tempo map into another DAW.

Edited by Lord Tim
  • Like 1

Tim

Thanks, this is a good idea when sending out a project, will keep this in mind and I am sure will be useful.

What I need in this instance,  is when the tempo changes happen,  to give to our new vocalist - i will only be sending him an audio track - he will probably work it out anyway, but i thought it would be nice to give him a heads-up!!!

Cheers

Nigel

@Bajan Blue - some things to bear in mind:

1. The tempo map has been replaced by a tempo track, which allows you to edit your tempo as an envelope.
2. Although the tempo inspector show a list of tempo changes, it isn't the same thing as the old tempo map.  Instead it's a list representation of the tempo nodes, and the envelope shapes connecting them.  If you're using jump shapes, then there's pretty much no difference between the two... however, if you have a section where you're speeding up or slowing down, the inspector will just show the start/end tempos and the curve type, rather than every single value in between like the old tempo map used to.

Here's a more detailed explanation of the changes and how they work:  

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1