Exclusive Solo Canceled by Event Inspector change

marcL

This is a very annoying bug. If I solo an instrument track with the global Solo Exclusive enabled and I do any event change in the Event Inspector, then the solo state is cleared (I always have to re-click it). It seems that this only happens if the synth(instrument) is also used in another MIDI track!

You might clarify this is with Simple Instrument tracks. I don't use them, but after a quick check it doesn't happen with separate Synth/MIDI tracks.

What I found with both setups is Exclusive Solo must be on before any tracks are soloed or you'll be re-soloing them:

1. Solo a Synth track. (All connected MIDI tracks get soloed and the Global Solo button lights up)

2. Click Exclusive Solo. (All Solo buttons go off except the Exclusive Solo button) :S

3. Re-solo the Synth track. (All expected buttons light up) :)

When Exclusive Solo is on, any other tracks that are soloed will be Exclusive until Exclusive Solo is turned off. Unsoloing tracks won't turn it off.

Pretty handy, intended or not. As is...

Solo Override - Shift+clicking a track's Solo button.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sjoens said:

You might clarify this is with Simple Instrument tracks. I don't use them, but after a quick check it doesn't happen with separate Synth/MIDI tracks.

What I found with both setups is Exclusive Solo must be on before any tracks are soloed or you'll be re-soloing them:

1. Solo a Synth track. (All connected MIDI tracks get soloed and the Global Solo button lights up)

2. Click Exclusive Solo. (All Solo buttons go off except the Exclusive Solo button) :S

3. Re-solo the Synth track. (All expected buttons light up) :)

When Exclusive Solo is on, any other tracks that are soloed will be Exclusive until Exclusive Solo is turned off. Unsoloing tracks won't turn it off.

Pretty handy, intended or not. As is...

Solo Override - Shift+clicking a track's Solo button.

I don't know whether you get the real problem? What you describe is all okay, but if I change a MIDI value in the event inspector and press enter there, then the solo button of the track is being disabled! That is my real problem!