Tracktion F.'em - $29 at AudioDeluxe

trager

59 minutes ago, Fleer said:

And you get Things Texture

Izzit any good? I saw that it was free for BPB readers last year, so some may already have it. I got the AudioThing Orb, but not Texture.

Edited by abacab

51 minutes ago, abacab said:

Izzit any good? I saw that it was free for BPB readers last year, so some may already have it. I got the AudioThing Orb, but not Texture.

That’s how I got it too. Don’t mind me, though, as I haven’t tried it yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, pseudopop said:

Wow, this almost seems like a pricing error...

I was almost thinking the same, but they've advertised it themselves at that price in other places, like VI.

Pretty tempting at that price, but I did notice it's VST2 only. I wonder if they're reducing it because they're not planning on upgrading it to VST3..

22 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I was almost thinking the same, but they've advertised it themselves at that price in other places, like VI.

Pretty tempting at that price, but I did notice it's VST2 only. I wonder if they're reducing it because they're not planning on upgrading it to VST3..

I just installed the demo and it has both 64bit VST2 and VST3 versions.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 1

I just hope they can improve its stability.  In its current state, I would be a bit miffed if I payed full price for this thing.

Crashes on latest CbB, Tone2 and VSThost (VST2 VST3, tried multicore on/off, OPEN GL on/off)

For me what happens is I touch the wrong parameter and the GUI stops responding in the host and the plugin itself (the synth itself still sounds in response to MIDI notes).  The only way to exit it is “end task” the host.

I have seen on some forums others are having stability issues for F'em as well.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheSteven said:

It's a very nice synth, well worth $29.

I grabbed this as well. At that price it's really good. I'm only scratching the surface of it and actually it took me a little while to work my way around it, but this can get some huge sounds. I do have Native Instruments FM8 so I did consider giving it a miss, but I prefer a lot about this synth in comparison. UI and effects are way better, but that's just an example.

I guess this might be why they didn't list VST3 as supported: V1.1.1- VST3 support (beta, please report any issues)

It's not perfect though and I noticed some small annoyances, but for the sound at that price, it's worth it and they may even fix things as well 🙂

6 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

I demo'ed the presets and the basses sound pretty fat, but not really my style. Sounds like it's very good for dubstep.

I didn't think too much of the presets, although there were a couple I liked, but creating patches from scratch was what made me end up buying it. Might be worth another quick look at that price.