Bug report: "Nudge by snap" uses Landmarks even with Snap to Landmarks button disabled [WITH VIDEO]]

GreenLight

Hi all!

I think I found a bug which is the following: Nudging with Follow Snap Settings will snap to any enabled Landmarks even if the Snap To Landmarks button is disabled. This is not expected behaviour, I would say?

The video shows:

1. Markers is enabled in Landmarks
  2. Cakewalk now snaps between Markers with the Snap To Landmarks button enabled
  3. Turn off Snap To Landmarks button
  4. Cakewalk still snaps to the Markers
  5. Disable Markers under Landmarks
  6. Cakewalk now snaps according to regular snap setting (whole measure)

nudge-by-snap.gif

Edited by GreenLight
Added video summary

• GreenLight changed the title to Bug report: "Nudge by snap" uses Landmarks even with Snap to Landmarks button disabled [WITH VIDEO]]

Confirmed. And the musical value is ignored in favor of the Landmarks as shown in your video. I also saw some other odd behavior where it nudged by random small amounts (4 ticks, 32-ticks) when the clip start was between 1:01:000 and the first marker, but I can't reproduce it consistently

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

Confirmed. And the musical value is ignored in favor of the Landmarks as shown in your video. I also saw some other odd behavior where it nudged by random small amounts (4 ticks, 32-ticks) when the clip start was between 1:01:000 and the first marker, but I can't reproduce it consistently

Thanks a lot, mate! Always appreciate your input, David. :)

Pinging @msmcleod... Houston, we have a bug! 🚀😃

• Thanks 1