IK Comprexxor for free

Frank

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Here's my storage breakdown. . . . 

So my guess is that you would be looking at a minimum of 1.8 GB for the T-RackS 5 core program . . . .

Excellent!!!  Very useful info. Excellent hypothesis, too!!!

I have used hosts like Tone2 and Voltage Modular (among a couple of others) with FX and instrument plig-ins, but that was with the core program installed on the computer.  If no one else runs a test or already knows if the *.dlls  and *.vsts require the core program, in several hours I'll be up for running a test on my older audio pc.

My first guess is that the core program would be needed. 

EDIT: Not worth my time to try a test w/o the core program for the reasoning @abacab provided. (See immediately below.)  

Edited by User 905133
(2) struck out offer to run a test + added explanation for doing so; (1) added a clarification

13 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

My first guess is that the core program would be needed. 

Right! I believe that IK set up T-RackS to be modular ecosystem, where a common core framework is shared with "add-on" plugins.

I have never tried to run a T-Racks plugin without having T-RacksS actually installed. I doubt it would work though, as the core program is apparently what authorizes the individual plugins to your account. Plus the individual plugin VST files themselves also look too small to actually contain all of the required code to function.

Plus there are a whole lot of eye-candy graphics involved in the T-RackS GUI's, and that has to be stored somewhere!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

The thing where they install the dll's for every T-RackS processor whether you have a license or not is a pain, but I have a folder called "T-Racks bullpen" on my computer that is not in a VST scan path. I drag the dll's of the ones I don't own to that folder until such time as IK has another giveaway. Then I drag only that dll back to the scanned folder and all is well.

This time with Comprexxor is the first time that Product Manager was able to handle the registration by itself without my needing to invoke Authorization Manager, so I congratulate IK for that achievement.

Such high quality stuff. My IK Multimedia products definitely survived the recent plug-in purge.

• Great Idea 1

On 8/2/2022 at 7:37 PM, Walter Cruz said:

WONG TOPIC (HOW CAN I DELETE POSTS?)

Just delete the text and replace with a '.', or any other symbol of choice.

<not serious>Alternatively, just type in a bunch of expletives, and your post will probably get removed by the mods 😜</not serious>

• Haha 1