IK Comprexxor for free

Frank

3 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Missing Larry here to chime in agreement with me regarding the fact it is lame that those who already have a copy do not get another copy added to ones account for participating.  

Or how about completing the survey and not getting any product.  I have a support ticket in right now  . . .    Once completed I did get a message (on screen) that indicated I had the item (Comprexxor) but only have the option to buy (in T-Racks or Manager)

Syphus

• Like 1

I also took the survey.  I did not get a new "copy," but I now have yet another license. Like others reported, it was in User Area > My Products.  

However, so far as I can see, having duplicate licenses for T-RackS 5 "gear" does not increase the number of T-RackS 5 authorizations I have. I had 8  left and with the new license, I still have 8 left.  

I am still trying to learn the complexities of IK's marketing and their ecosystem, but from what I can see if I have 1 license for each of 20 T-RackS 5 pieces of "gear" and I get a second license for each of those 20 pieces of "gear," I am still limited to the same number of computers I can use them on. I don't see how I can use them on twice as many computers (if I had them).

If I am right, then we do not get extra "copies" in the sense that we can use a new copy independently of what we had before we got a new license. 

I admit, this is one of several things I still don't understand about IK. So, if someone can explain how having duplicates and triplicates of "gear" licenses (such as the T-RackS 5 "gear") gives me something additional, I'm "all ears."  

Even multiple T-RackS 5 MAX product license purchases do not seem to add additional authorizations if I understand what the Product Manager is showing me.  All of them are listed as a solitary T-RackS 5 set of authorizations.

Again, I don't pretend to understand all the ins and outs here.  So, if someone can explain it, I'm happy to listen.

For you guys who know your stuff (regarding mixing), how would you rate this compressor? As someone who's not savvy about mixing and own Izotope's compressor,  I'm just looking for advice from more experienced mixers the kind of situations where I should give this a try. 

16 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

For you guys who know your stuff (regarding mixing), how would you rate this compressor? As someone who's not savvy about mixing and own Izotope's compressor,  I'm just looking for advice from more experienced mixers the kind of situations where I should give this a try. 

Dancetech on YouTube provides an in-depth review plus explanations re Comprexxor https://youtu.be/oxQwPI8cil8

• Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Grem said:

And I did not get another license. I only have one registered in 2021.

You should have a new entry for Compexxor in your account. It won't show a license # because it's NFR and therefore never transferable.

Your original registered license should have a link for transfer options.

16 minutes ago, Grem said:

And I did not get another license. I only have one registered in 2021.

Another mystery.  Maybe there's an unstated algorithm that determines who gets a new license and who doesn't.  Purely a guess, but maybe the algorithm says "NO" promos but "YES" to purchases (either a single or a bundle). 

Another possibility (again, purely a guess), but maybe since my original T-Racks 5 Bundle didn't include Comprexxor, that trigger a "YES" for a new license.  Comprexxor came out after I got my first T-Racks 5 Bundle and therefor wasn't included, nor was it comped after the fact. So, it was an "I don't have this one" selection for a GB.

Anyone else's guess is as good as mine, but at least here's some data for purposes of comparison. 

•   T-RackS 5 Comprexxor
    • Registered On: 30-07-2022
    • Serial Number  - Yes, different than other two
    • Cannot be authorized or unauthorized
    • Cannot be transferred
    • Source: Survey [free]
  • T-RackS 5 Comprexxor
    • Registered On: 14-04-2022
    • Cannot be transferred
    • Source: Purchased as part of a Crossgrade/Upgrade Bundle
  •  T-RackS 5 Comprexxor
    • Registered On: 19-10-2021
    • Cannot be transferred
    • Source: Promotion > GB25

21 minutes ago, abacab said:

You should have a new entry for Compexxor in your account. It won't show a license # because it's NFR and therefore never transferable.

Your original registered license should have a link for transfer options.

None of mine are transferrable.  All 3 have serial numbers / different licenses.

My guess (purely a guess): If you have one (Comprexxor with a SN / License), maybe you bought it as a single?  That might explain why yours can be transferred (if someone offers you more than the $20 transfer fee).

Edited by User 905133

7 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Another mystery

Not actually a mystery. I received a new NFR copy of Comprexxor (without a license #). It's just a new entry in my products list, in addition to the copy I bought and paid for last year (that one has a license #).

Edited by abacab

25 minutes ago, abacab said:

Not actually a mystery. I received a new NFR copy of Comprexxor, without a license. It's just a new entry in my products list, in addition to the copy I bought and paid for last year (that one has a license #).

That confirms my guess (thanks): " If you have one (Comprexxor with a SN / License), maybe you bought it as a single?  That might explain why yours can be transferred (if someone offers you more than the $20 transfer fee)."

But to me there still might be an unexplained mystery (or two), unless my explanation is accurate.  

If Grem only has a GB / NFR Comprexxor, that could be the reason no second license was issued.  However, I also had a GB /NFR Comprexxor and got a new license.  To me, that's a mystery.  Unless either of my two guess** is correct (or there is another explanation).

• **My guesses as to why I got a new SN / License:
    • I purchased Comprexxor as part of a bundle that included T-RackS 5 MAX, or
    • I purchased a bundle that included T-RackS 5 MAX that didn't include Comprexxor

In any case, to me there's a mystery since different people had different results and so far the only explanations as to why are guesses.

Edited by User 905133
edits

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

That confirms my guess (thanks): " If you have one (Comprexxor with a SN / License), maybe you bought it as a single?  That might explain why yours can be transferred (if someone offers you more than the $20 transfer fee)."

That's it exactly. I bought the Comprexxor as a single purchase out of pocket as an entry to the Group Buy last year.

• Thanks 1

I do not own any T-Rack 5 components.

2.69 gig just to install IK Comprexxor VST3 (when I already have a number of compressors), yeah, nah..

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like this installer contains all T-Rack 5 modules. 

I was, at least, hoping to be able to select just IK Comprexxor.

7 hours ago, Promidi said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like this installer contains all T-Rack 5 modules. 

Yes. And before I had them all, if I selected one I didn't "own," my CbB would have a shut down crash (just CbB, not the PC). The IK "You don't own this, wanna buy it?" dialog caused some sort of conflict with CbB on my older PC.  I had the free version: T-RackS 5 CS.

At one point I either moved all the modules (*.dll and *.vst3) to a separate folder so they wouldn't get picked up by the VST scan or I may have deleted them. Eventually I picked up a bundle that had the then-current version of T-RackS 5 MAX.

I have switched to a slightly newer PC and if you'd like, I could try that with all but Comprexxor on the older PC.  Or, if you have room to install them all and test the removal (or hiding) of all-but-Comprexxor, I'd be interested to know if that still works.  I am not sure which T-RackS 5 software engine I had at the time, but that might not matter for this strategy.

Edited by User 905133
added a missing word + other corrections/clarifications

9 hours ago, Promidi said:

2.69 gig just to install IK Comprexxor VST3 (when I already have a number of compressors), yeah, nah..

I was, at least, hoping to be able to select just IK Comprexxor.

I have T-RackS 5 MAX installed. Here's my storage breakdown.

• 1.8 GB installed for the T-Racks application components (T-RackS 5.pak, etc.).
  • 937 MB for 53  installed VST2 plugins.
  • 941 MB for 53 installed VST3 plugins
  • Comprexxor itself is 19.3 MB for the VST2 plugin, and 19.4 MB for the VST3 plugin.

So my guess is that you would be looking at a minimum of 1.8 GB for the T-RackS 5 core program, plus a few MB's for the Comprexxor plugins, if you deleted all of the other "demo" plugins that the installer provides.

• Like 2