VSL Synchron Player vst3 and Cakewalk crash

Steve Harder

Question

i'll preface by saying I've been away from Cakewalk and midi since the beginning of the year. 

I'm back and one of my first large tasks was to migrate VSL Synchron libraries to Ilok.  I have downloaded all of my previously owned VST libraries and can use Synchron vst3 in new Cakewalk projects, save and load projects with Synchron Ilok libraries, etc.

However when I attempt to open an existing project that contains  Synchron vst3 (non-Ilok 8 months ago) as an instrument the loading proceeds to "loading synth data Synchron player" and Cakewalk closes and exits, and creates a minidump file in the minidump directory (not the plugins minidump directory).  I downloaded the minidump viewer but I'm not experienced at threading my way thru a dump.

I'm trying to do my due diligence on this, I've searched here and on vsl forum, I haven't found any postings that seem related.

I will eventually submit a issue request on this but didn't want to waste tech support time if the issue had been discussed and solved previously.

Thanks for any comments.

2 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Steve Harder said:

i'll preface by saying I've been away from Cakewalk and midi since the beginning of the year. 

I'm back and one of my first large tasks was to migrate VSL Synchron libraries to Ilok.  I have downloaded all of my previously owned VST libraries and can use Synchron vst3 in new Cakewalk projects, save and load projects with Synchron Ilok libraries, etc.

However when I attempt to open an existing project that contains  Synchron vst3 (non-Ilok 8 months ago) as an instrument the loading proceeds to "loading synth data Synchron player" and Cakewalk closes and exits, and creates a minidump file in the minidump directory (not the plugins minidump directory).  I downloaded the minidump viewer but I'm not experienced at threading my way thru a dump.

I'm trying to do my due diligence on this, I've searched here and on vsl forum, I haven't found any postings that seem related.

I will eventually submit a issue request on this but didn't want to waste tech support time if the issue had been discussed and solved previously.

Thanks for any comments.

Have you still got your elicenser plugged in? There's a conversion process that the VSL projects do to make them ILok compatible. It can either do this using the elicenser or there's a cloud convert mechanism. I run my VSL projects in Vienna Ensemble Pro rather than natively in Cakewalk, but have had a few issues previously which were resolved by swapping which conversion method was used. There's usually an icon that shows up when it's doing the conversion proecess.

Feel free to drop me a copy of the project and i'll see if I can replicate the error (though I may not have all the same VSL Synchron libraries).