Silent Buses Detected

brandon

I dont use Bandlab too often but have been working on a project recently. Everything was fine until a few days ago when I was opening Bandlab that an error message came up as it was loading stating 'silent buses detected' with a list of all of my softsynths in that particular project. I have attached an image of it below. I closed the message down and the project opened normally. And the audio was fine with no 'silence'. 

I then went on to download the latest version of Bandlab and installed it hoping this would solve the issue. It didnt and the same message occurred when i opened it. And the audio was fine. 

Is there any possible reason for this?  I havent updated or downloaded anything else on my PC prior to or after this message occurring (apart from Bandlab). 

I am using a Dell all in one desktop. i7, 16gb ram with  1TB HD and a 256 SSD as a boot up drive where my programmes are stored.

Bandlab.JPG

Where ever these tracks are assigned to there is no audio path out of CbB.  Go into Preferences>Audio> Devices  and make sure that a audio device has not been disconnected.  A lot of the time this solves the issue.  You may have to then assign audio outputs to all your instruments or maybe just the master bus.

I quite often see this in projects - If the audio was fine then don't worry about it!

There was a bug I previously reported relating to routing of busses and I believe some additional sanity checking was added to a future Cakewalk build to avoid this, so that might be why it's not been visible before.

As scook says this is likely that there's a send that's not going anywhere.

Best wishes,
Matthew

Edited by Matthew Simon Fletcher

On 7/29/2022 at 11:09 PM, scook said:

Could be sends going nowhere

Am guessing they are going somewhere as the audio plays fine. Its just odd that the message has only recently started to appear. I presume its because the softsynths listed have not been routed but the midi tracks they are playing have been. But its still odd the message has just started to appear.

1 minute ago, brandon said:

Am guessing they are going somewhere as the audio plays fine. . . . I presume its because the softsynths listed have not been routed but the midi tracks they [they = the softsynths] are playing have been. 

Is this what you are saying: (1) you have soft synths that are not routed to any destinations, (2) the unrouted soft synths are playing midi tracks, and (3) you can hear the audio from the soft synths? 

Yes thats correct.  Although I have just downloaded (again) the latest version of CBB (220-06) and installed it (despite having done this a few days ago - not sure what went wrong there) but the messages have now not reappeared.