Funky Shoes

KSband

Great soulful funky style to this song.  It reminds me a bit of the stuff of  a band out of New Orleans (The Meters) that put out some great stuff (e.g., Sissy Strut -- theme music for the great John R (50,000 watt station out of Nashville Tennessee).  This was a treat to listen to.

Thanks John. I have a couple of cheapies. They both were amazon warehouse deals so the Eastar soprano was 160 bucks and the Eastrock tenor was 220, both looked brand new. I had to do some tweaks to both to fix some air leaks but other than that they are very nice.  I have a Vito Leblanc alto but I don't really enjoy playing the alto compared to the other.  Just a beginner at this point but having a lot of fun with them. Do you play?

4 hours ago, KSband said:

Thanks John. I have a couple of cheapies. They both were amazon warehouse deals so the Eastar soprano was 160 bucks and the Eastrock tenor was 220, both looked brand new. I had to do some tweaks to both to fix some air leaks but other than that they are very nice.  I have a Vito Leblanc alto but I don't really enjoy playing the alto compared to the other.  Just a beginner at this point but having a lot of fun with them. Do you play?

I did years ago.  Clarinet too.  I still have my Conn alto that my first sax teacher sold me in 1964 and I still have my Buffet Crampon clarinet.  I bought new reeds for them a few years ago and tried to play them but my asthma just wouldn't let me get out more than a note or two before the huffin' and puffin' started.  My Buffet is leakey because it needs a new tenon cork which I'll get around to replacing someday.  But I played tenor sax in my high school band (centuries ago).  I'm very impressed by the sound of your "cheapo" horns.

😀JB

Thanks to freddy j, Bajan Blue, johnbee,  Hidden Symmetry, bjornpdx, Wookie, DeeringAmps  and markno99, appreciate the listen and nice comments! Mark, always been a big Jeff Lorber Fusion fan in spite of KennyG.  I got to see Jeff with Eric Marienthal a couple times, that was great.

• Like 1

Awesome. The bass has a very live tone yet is controlled in the mix. Saxes excellent, loved the occasional double tracking there, very smooooth. Maybe a tad less rvb on the electric guitar funk riffs?  YMMV but they seem a tad out of the way. they are panned right side which is nice but a bit back, maybe add back some upper-end EQ to the elec guitar to bring it out a bit in the mix? I dunno.

Loved it!

cheers,

-Tom