Larry, where you at!

Fleer

On 7/29/2022 at 1:27 AM, ZokZTM said:

@PavlovsCat Peter please send him a message via fb telling him that he has all our love and support no matter what his decision will be like. It would be cool that we somehow let him know, what an awesome person he is! To us here!

Thanks man!❤

@ZokZTM After my sharing my thoughts a little too openly about contacting Larry via Facebook, I did contact him. I told him about this thread -- even how I unintentionally derailed the happy vibe for a little bit by oversharing (we've discussed each other's worldviews in the past) -- but that he should visit to see the outpouring of appreciation for him, that he will smile. I also let him know that I wasn't asking him to come here because I have the motive of wanting him to keep pumping out deal threads.  Yes, I'm very grateful for Larry tirelessly doing that. But I don't think expecting him to come back here only to pump out threads for us is really an act of friendship. At least, that's my perspective. I told him that I think it would be great if he just sees peoples' posts about how important he is to this community and how much people care about him. If he  wants to stick around, he shouldn't feel the need to constantly create deal threads like he had in the past. Just  chill and enjoy making comments like the rest of us. He's earned Hall of Fame status and a lifetime of goodwill from the community. 

Larry said to me that a group of us here is like family. Well, you know, you can still care about family even when you don't agree on certain  things. In fact it's pretty common. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3

I just want to know he's doing fine, because I have been following this forum like for 2 or 3 years, and he's very nice (he's given away stuff to me before, and I guess to others?).

If he doesn't come back because he doesn't want to, that's just fine to me. It's not like we pay him to post deals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

. But I don't think expecting him to come back here only to pump out threads for us is really an act of friendship. 

This, exactly. To be Larry's friend in this space is to allow and expect him to drop out as he pleases, for whatever reasons, just as we all get to do.

And I'd go just a bit further, asking hey is there a psychological downside to hunting and posting deals all day? Not for me to say what floats another's boat, but that's a whole lot of time spent wrapped in a cyberscape, isn't it? 

I know for myself, and have seen it in others, too much webbery gets us stuck, wrapped up, poisoned. It's called "doomscrolling" for a reason.

So bravo Larry, thanks for what you give to this group.  I am eternally grateful! Let your time here be the "break" from whatever else you find more important in life.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I told him that I think it would be great if he just sees peoples' posts about how important he is to this community and how much people care about him.

This!!! An awesome guy that is greatly missed here. No deals needed he's one of the greatest deals here a creator of this family community here! And suuuuper loved!

Thanks a million for doing this @PavlovsCat!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SONROSAS said:

hope larry comes back soon..everything he does for us is great..i even messaged him once for help and he was so nice and gave me some sales tips! 💕

I believe Bapu subscribes to his Daily Plugin Deals Alert Line... 😆

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Bapu said:

My one and only collab with Lars

@Bapu, I've listened to your music over the years and been very impressed. I'm pretty certain that you're a bassist,  right?  I know Larry's a guitarist.  Did Larry sing this or is it you or someone else? 

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Bapu, I've listened to your music over the years and been very impressed. I'm pretty certain that you're a bassist,  right?  I know Larry's a guitarist.  Did Larry sing this or is it you or someone else? 

I'm a bassist and Larry asked me to play bass on that tune. Our (active) member on the old forum Beagle (Reece) did the vocals on that one and maybe the keys. Larry did the rest (guitars, drums and mixing).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I'm a bassist and Larry asked me to play bass on that tune. Our (active) member on the old forum Beagle (Reece) did the vocals on that one and maybe the keys. Larry did the rest (guitars, drums and mixing).

Beagle was certainly belting that tune out!!! :)

Nice job all the way around!!!

Also more concerned that his family in Kentucky are OK and that he's doing well in general.  I definitely understand taking a break from forums when confronted by some of you *************s (don't try to decipher that, it's not a real word censored, and just kidding of course you are all fantastic and I love you) :D  But seriously, first and foremost he and family are hopefully all doing well and maybe he'll be back because I certainly enjoyed interacting with him here both in the threads and via PM.  He has more than enough thoughts about IK and is happy to share them but he's not a jerk toward me personally even if I may have taken it that way just that one time or two.

• Like 10

• scook locked this topic