Larry, where you at!

Fleer

2 hours ago, CoveCamper said:

Doesn't Larry have friends or family in eastern Kentucky?

If he is down there he may be stuck. They are having flooding problems. One place supposedly had 12 inches of rain in one hour.

This is what I was thinking.

Based on his previous leaves of absense related to Family in KY.  I'm expecting he went to help or deal with a situation.

As usual, he is missed and the natives have grown restless.  Hoping everything is ok though.

• Like 4

Larry and I are in the same Facebook group and he's been prolifically posting on Facebook lately,  so I know he's okay.  I'm quite certain what occurred is that he was bothered by some of the interactions he had on a thread -- it wasn't really hardcore hostile or anything,  but it was a rebuke and it seems rather clear that it bothered him. I suspect he's just taking a break, which I think isn't a bad idea. Hopefully,  when he returns he'll see all of these posts and feel appreciated. 

Edited by Peter Woods
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Larry and I are in the same Facebook group and he's been prolifically posting on Facebook lately,  so I know he's okay.  I'm quite certain what occurred is that he was bothered by some of the interactions he had on a thread -- it wasn't really hardcore hostile or anything,  but it was a rebuke and it seems rather clear that it bothered him. I suspect he's just taking a break, which I think isn't a bad idea. Hopefully,  when he returns he'll see all of these posts and feel appreciated. 

@PavlovsCat Peter please send him a message via fb telling him that he has all our love and support no matter what his decision will be like. It would be cool that we somehow let him know, what an awesome person he is! To us here!

Thanks man!❤

Edited by ZokZTM
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, ZokZTM said:

@PavlovsCat Peter please send him a message via fb telling him that he has all our love and support no matter what his decision will be like. It would be cool that we somehow let him know, what an awesome person he is! To us here!

Thanks man!❤

Very candidly,  I sent Larry a PM here and I'm not certain about contacting him on Facebook as 90% of his posting is political and social worldview commentary, which isn't something I'm comfortable with. It does make me grateful we don't talk politics at this forum. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

It does make me grateful we don't talk politics at this forum. 

Amen!

Clarification:  I am glad that things like politics are kept out of the forum.  I am aware that I share political and social views with some forum members and I disagree with the political and social views of others.  Yet, I appreciate and can respect their comments on music and related matters regardless of political preferences.

Edited by User 905133
to add a clarification
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Amen!

Clarification:  I am glad that things like politics are kept out of the forum.  I am aware that I share political and social views with some forum members and I disagree with the political and social views of others.  Yet, I appreciate and can respect their comments on music and related matters regardless of political preferences.

Absolutely. I'm definitely good with people with all different views. I didn't mean that I'm not. My friends and family are very diverse in terms of race,  ethnicities, political views, orientation, religion and nationalities and I greatly value our diversity. I enjoy civil, meaningful conversations on politics,  philosophy and ideology (okay, I did a lot more back in college when people  in the US could still discuss those topics in a civil and friendly manner). But a lot of people aren't able to discuss these areas in a calm and civil manner these days, so I'm pretty selective and limit engaging in such conversations and I think Cakewalk's forum policy against political posts makes this a friendlier place. 

That said, I have a great deal of appreciation for diverse thought.  Where I draw a line is with those on the extreme ends of the spectrum and those who are intolerant of other groups of people who are different from them. 

EDITED FOR CLARITY 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

Larry should at least give email , we should mail him

He’s OK.  He’ll be back when he’s ready.  I’ve been in touch, too.  In the meantime, I suggest we check our winter coats for any loose change or bills we might have left in them.  We’re gonna need the $$$ when the posts start flowing again.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

But I  draw a line at those with racial and diversity intolerance. 

Me too. My daughters who are in college now had friends of all different nationalities. We had a Birthday party and one of my wife's coworkers brought her daughters to the party and the coworker toward my wife, wow I can't believe there are more non-white people here then white people. My wife didn't know what to say to her.  I always want to know what is on the inside of a person. That is what matters.  Anyway I shall leave this conversation as this forum is about music/deals.

Peace

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

He’s OK.  He’ll be back when he’s ready.  I’ve been in touch, too.  In the meantime, I suggest we check our winter coats for any loose change or bills we might have left in them.  We’re gonna need the $$$ when the posts start flowing again.

Luckily,  winters are long and cold here. Many coats and many pockets to look into. 😁

• Haha 2

• scook locked this topic