Prochannel compressor and EQ

RexRed

Prochannel compressos and EQ are the only compressors and EQ I use except for Fabfilter L2 in my master bus bin.

These Prochannel effects work so well, have great fidelity, are convenient and seem to have a low impact on my processor.

I have a lot of other compressors and EQs but these prochannel effects are then only ones I really like and use.

Anyone else feel this way?

Proprietary to Cakewalk too! 

• Like 1

I exclusively only use the Pro channel EQ. Compressors I use many different ones as each has a different sound and controls. My most used compressor is called Molotov by Tokyo Labs. It’s free. 
I used to use the pro channel PC76U type and more or less didn’t change the default settings. 

I am not using them exclusively, but extensive.  For example PC2A is on vocals awesome and if you want clean compression i like to set R37 to about 30%  on classic photocell reaction (right click to find this setting).

PC76 is distorting pretty fast, but if you're using the mix knob you get agressive vocals. PC Quadcurve EQ is my goto EQ really good sounding and the Console Emulation is awesome!

28 minutes ago, SVSX said:

I am not using them exclusively, but extensive.  For example PC2A is on vocals awesome and if you want clean compression i like to set R37 to about 30%  on classic photocell reaction (right click to find this setting).

PC76 is distorting pretty fast, but if you're using the mix knob you get agressive vocals. PC Quadcurve EQ is my goto EQ really good sounding and the Console Emulation is awesome!

That's good to know as I was only using the PC76 for some reason as the other ones I guess I never really figured out the correct settings. Might give them another try someday. 

Edited by Cactus Music

1 hour ago, rfssongs said:

Which Pro channel compressor & settings would you recommend for vocals ??

I'd start with the PC 2A Leveler, which is an emulation of the Teletronix LA/2A compressor. YouTube abounds with tutorials on how to use an LA/2A on vox.

The PC76 U-type also has some vocal presets.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...