Another lame, music cartoon for your groaning pleasure

Notes_Norton

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 3:55 PM, craigb said:

I don't know... That Chipmunks album was pretty good! 😜

(And all of these are still better than Kanye!  Or Ye, or 💩!)

I remember something like this from 1972. A cartoon in Creem magazine, I think; "101 Strings Play Grand Funk".

On our 'house gig' there is a mixture of ages from teens to quite old. I'ts on a public beach. Most are tourists so we can use the same gags again and again.

So we had a request for a Frank Sinatra song yesterday, "The Summer Wind" (nice song BTW).

So I announce it "Here a song by Frank Sinatra, "The Summer Wind", also done by Metallica other their "Metallica Croons the Hits of Frank Sinatra" album.

Usually gets a laugh if done at the right time and with the right audience. Often for sweet ballads, but the timing was right for "Summer Wind".

Notes ♫

My friend Skylar (a.k.a., Parallel) runs the FlowState website below and I've now met most of the DJ's at the various parties he and his wife Michelle have.  My favorites are from XO-5 (her real name is Alex).  They've given me a lot of Melodic House & Techno and I gave them almost 10,000 tracks of old-school trance and techno (including some multi-hour DJ-mixes straight from the board - I used to do lighting for the underground clubs in Los Angeles as a side job!).  About twice a month I'll do a candy-flip and just enjoy hours of this stuff! 🤩

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Grem said:

I have a way to get it out in seconds. Developed the technique when I first learned to play many many years ago. 

I think they're implying that the guitar should still be usable afterward though... 😜

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, craigb said:

I think they're implying that the guitar should still be usable afterward though... 😜

It will be. No damage whatsoeva!!!

In fact, I always keep a spare pick inside my box guitar. JIC.

I know how to get it out with no issue.

1 minute ago, Grem said:

It will be. No damage whatsoeva!!!

In fact, I always keep a spare pick inside my box guitar. JIC.

I know how to get it out with no issue.

Perhaps a video of this added to the "Tutorials" section . . . ? LOL

• Haha 1