MODO Drum 1.5 SE $39.99 at APD (3 new kits)

BTP

11 minutes ago, jerrydf said:

I've just checked the IK Product Manage and the Modo CE is there, and the three kits are in the "Sounds"

Just to keep it clear Jerry, you mean SE (and not CS) as there is no CE correct?   😊

1 hour ago, jerrydf said:

I've just checked the IK Product Manage and the Modo CE is there, and the three kits are in the "Sounds"

1 hour ago, Fwrend said:

Just to keep it clear Jerry, you mean SE (and not CS) as there is no CE correct?   😊

Also, for the sake of clarity,  SE has 5 kits.  Two of them are ones that owners of MODO DRUM 1 have, three of them are new.

With all the confusion already here, I could see someone  misunderstanding and thinking that SE had 3 kits.  The IK Website makes it unmistakable: At present SE has 5 kits.

As far as kits listed under "Sounds," here's what I have in my User Area under Sounds for MODO DRUM SE 1.5: (1) Brit Custom, (2) Common Elements, (3) Jazzy, (4) Metal, (5) Silver.  Under "Sounds" in the Product Manager I have 12 Kits.

Why 12 and not 13? you might ask.  Just an educated guess:  the Studio kit is in all versions of MODO DRUM 1.5 (including CS), so it might be built in or automatically included in the base software and therefore not downloadable/installable as a separate kit via the Product Manager. 

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

As far as kits listed under "Sounds," here's what I have in my User Area under Sounds for MODO DRUM SE 1.5: (1) Brit Custom, (2) Common Elements, (3) Jazzy, (5) Metal, Silver.  Under "Sounds" in the Product Manager I have 12 Kits.

Why 12 and not 13? you might ask.  Just an educated guess:  the Studio kit is in all versions of MODO DRUM 1.5 (including CS), so it might be built in or automatically included in the base software and therefore not downloadable/installable as a separate kit via the Product Manager. 

FYI, in IK Product Manager under Manage Products/Software/MODO DRUM/Products, I have MODO DRUM (version 1) and MODO DRUM CS (which I obtained to update to 1.5).  The full version 1.0 gave me 10 kits (I believe) which currently show Unlocked in MODO DRUM standalone.  These include:  Studio, Jazzy, Rock Custom, Grungy, Djentleman,  Black Oyster, Bubinga, Plexi, Extreme, & Reference.

EDIT: I meant to mention that in IK PRODUCT MANAGER under Sounds, only 9 kits show - missing is Studio as you guessed.  However, it does show as a kit in the product itself so logic would follow that you are correct.

Edited by Fwrend
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Also, for the sake of clarity,  SE has 5 kits.  Two of them are ones that owners of MODO DRUM 1 have, three of them are new.

With all the confusion already here, I could see someone  misunderstanding and thinking that SE had 3 kits.  The IK Website makes it unmistakable: At present SE has 5 kits.

As far as kits listed under "Sounds," here's what I have in my User Area under Sounds for MODO DRUM SE 1.5: (1) Brit Custom, (2) Common Elements, (3) Jazzy, (4) Metal, (5) Silver.  Under "Sounds" in the Product Manager I have 12 Kits.

I already had the 1.0 stuff. and I agree there's the 12 which are overand above the base software whicj I assume is the "Studio" kit.

Black Oyster*; Brit Custom; Bubinga*; Djentleman*; Extreme*; Grungy*; Jazzy; Metal; Plexi*; Reference*; Rock Custom*; Silver

The *kits are now showing in the Product Manager as "Update" (in oramge on the right hand side of the window; the other kits show the normal green "Installed), but the "Update" link doesn't do anything. 

There also seem to be a new range of cymbals and hat available including a 2022 model in each.

• Like 2

Just bought and registered SE from APD with $5 coupon. New kits appearing in Product Manager. Only problem is that in installation a Java script error stopped everything. Never had this problem with Product Manager before. I guess it’s time to open up a ticket

Edited by LAGinz
  • Sad 1

If this has been answered before, just clue me in to where to find it.

Ok, I got MODO Drums 1.5 SE when IK first had the promotion. D/L and installed all the content.

Now looking at IKPM it is saying I need to update all my old MODO 1 kits, but that my d/l period has expired!

So to update my old stuff I need to pay to be able to d/l the new updates?

Come on IK! This makes no sense!!

Anyone else see this? 

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Grem said:

Ok, I got MODO Drums 1.5 SE when IK first had the promotion. D/L and installed all the content.

Now looking at IKPM it is saying I need to update all my old MODO 1 kits, but that my d/l period has expired!

Anyone else see this? 

Yep, $9.98 for a Sounds Download Reactivation Credit.

You'll then see something like this on your Products page when you select Sounds Download on any product that has sound downloads:

expiry.JPG.6a44f7950e28f2747e904032744aa468.JPG

Edited by Fwrend

44 minutes ago, Grem said:

Anyone else see this? 

If you contact IK support, there's a good chance they will reset your downloads in this case.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, jerrydf said:

There also seem to be a new range of cymbals and hat available including a 2022 model in each.

Thanks for mentioning these.  I hadn't looked at the customization options since I first got MODO DRUM.  Its nice to have these.  

2 hours ago, Grem said:

Anyone else see this? 

I see the same thing. There must be some mistake here. I wonder if those old kits do need updating though or whether it’s just a mistake. If they do though, this is truly obnoxious, a step well beyond what was their former (already slightly irritating) policy on this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fwrend said:

Yep, $9.98 for a Sounds Download Reactivation Credit.

You'll then see something like this on your Products page when you select Sounds Download on any product that has sound downloads:

expiry.JPG.6a44f7950e28f2747e904032744aa468.JPG

This situation is a little different. You already have the original material on your computer, and even if you have it backed up (which I do) there is no way for avoiding a “re-activation fee”? 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Grem said:

• Some questions that MIGHT help:
    • Does the Product Manager say you need to update your MODO DRUM 1 kits?
    • Does it say you need to update your MODO DRUM 1 software release [what some call software engine]?
    • Does it say you need to update both?
    • What release doe your MODO DRUM 1 have?
  • If you have software version 1.5 for MODO DRUM 1 and Product Manager says to update the kits but you can't, contact IK Support.

• Like 1