MODO Drum 1.5 SE $39.99 at APD (3 new kits)

BTP

5 hours ago, BTP said:

You had the full 1.0 version and 1.5 CS then. You couldn't have updated to 1.5 before the new kits were released, they were released with 1.5.

Oh, yes. That must be it.  The problem is IK Product Manager states "Modo Drum" latest installed = 1.5.0

So does that negate the three kits I thought I'd bought with the SE?

Edited by jerrydf
Clarifying
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I believe this thread reflects what brain fog from long Covid must feel like

Yes, and I haven't even had it!

Ok - I had Modo 1 with ten kits

I upgraded to CS (1.5) for the s/w engine, and no extra kits.

Both the 1.0 and the CS show up in my products on IK Product Manager, and the ten kits in the sounds.

Now - I have this SE 1.5 which apparently allows me the three new kits. It's authorised and registered.

But SE 1.5 doesn't show up in IK-PMgr,  and of course, there's no new kits in the sounds.

See my next post ....

Edited by jerrydf

RIGHT - IK M have responded to my ticket -

We're very sorry to hear of your troubles with the software. We have pin pointed the issue now.
Our team is aware of this behavior and hard at work on resolving this behavior it as quickly as possible. This issue should be resolved by tomorrow.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your continued patience.

- pretty quick, too - I'm impressed so far!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jerrydf said:

Yes, and I haven't even had it!

Both the 1.0 and the CS show up in my products on IK Product Manager, and the ten kits in the sounds.

Now - I have this SE 1.5 which apparently allows me the three new kits. It's authorised and registered.

But SE 1.5 doesn't show up in IK-PMgr,  and of course, there's no new kits in the sounds.

So - anyone  - Peter? @Peter - IK Multimedia  - know what's going on?

I think your issue is probably addressed by Peter's response to Brian,  earlier in this thread,....but I wouldn't bet the farm on it:)

1 hour ago, jerrydf said:

This is my situation but doing this locked me out of a sound kit update that pops everytime I log into product manager. Will wait to see if your issue is resolve and may jump on SE to see it if fixes my issue.

19 hours ago, User 905133 said:

it was clear from reports of consumer experiences that (1) people who have MODO DRUM 1.0 and who who buy MODO DRUM 1.5 SE get the 3 new drum kits unlocked (so long as they upgraded their MODO DRUM software to version 1.5) and that (2) MODO DRUM 1.0 (with software version 1.5) + MODO DRUM 1.5 SE = MODO DRUM 1.5 with 13 kits.

Yes, it was very clear... to me! : )

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I am still on MODO Drums 1 with 10 kits. This upgrade business is too confusing. Will wait until the next GB to get it free. I think if you have 1.0 full and upgrade to 1.5 SE, you in fact get then 1.5 full. The only difference is the 3 new kits. I think IKM approached this upgrade strategy a little  wonky. They should have just  release the expansions and an expansion bundle of 3 kits and called it that. Calling it 1.5 implies there are all these other new changes in MODO Drum which I dont think there are. (I may be wrong)

How they approached it was a mixed bag.  However, getting the 3 extra kits for $28 out of pocket was about the only way they got me to jump on the "upgrade" -  seperate kits at that price point or higher was a no go and the normal IKM upgrade pricing is also a no go.  This is actually about the best I've seen for an expansion from IKM...an option that offers what you don't have at a reasonable price point.

As for the next group buy...they haven't released enough stuff since the last one where I bougth into the group buy to get virtually everything to spend on the tier it would take to get the new stuff.   I'd expect I'm a few GBs out from jumping on another one.  I did get the recent Synth GB but havne't even opened a single one yet.

Edit:   Adding to the thought here - I wish we had the same treatment for the Modo Bass upgrade.  At $28 I would have jumped on the new basses and patterns engine.  At around $150 minus JamPoints I can't come close to stomaching it as a previous version full owner personally.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

Where does the $28 figure come from?

You can get it for the sale/promo price of 39.99. 

6 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

getting the 3 extra kits for $28 out of pocket

I have no idea how he got that price.

I went look at the IK website and they are not even selling the MODO SE for $39.99 like APD are. 

And if you get the APD email it has a code that will take another $5 off the $39.99 making it $34.99. Which is a good deal for sure.

2 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Where does the $28 figure come from? And does anyone know how to get the $5 coupon the OP was referring to? Thx:)

You can use up to 30% in JamPoints (direct from IK).  70% of $40 is $28.  But that promo has passed.

Edited by ALC

1 hour ago, Grem said:

You can get it for the sale/promo price of 39.99. 

I have no idea how he got that price.

I went look at the IK website and they are not even selling the MODO SE for $39.99 like APD are. 

And if you get the APD email it has a code that will take another $5 off the $39.99 making it $34.99. Which is a good deal for sure.

Any ideas on how to get that email?😁

Just now, LAGinz said:

Yeah but it’s not on sale on the IK site for $40……and you can’t use jam points with APD.

I was just answering the question where the $28 came from.  That promo has passed.

3 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Where does the $28 figure come from?

15 minutes ago, ALC said:

That promo has passed.

Yes and I did get in on it. I got MODO Drums 1.5 for $27.99 during the promo back in May. 

I guess IK let APD have a shot at it to see what they could do.

Sorry you missed it LAGinz!

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

Any ideas on how to get that email?😁

For me I signed up for their newsletter a while back and got it.  But sometimes people get discount codes that I don’t get so may be related to apd purchase history.

6 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Where does the $28 figure come from? And does anyone know how to get the $5 coupon the OP was referring to? Thx:)

Promo 2 months ago I linked in the thread previously in unrelated post. Also required sufficient jam points.  Post was in relation to how IKM handled this product release not the current promotion.

Edited by Brian Walton