MODO Drum 1.5 SE $39.99 at APD (3 new kits)

BTP

6 hours ago, Pollux said:

answer: yes, it works: 

LOL Pete, this is what is so frustrating, i.e. non-answers like yours - clarifying nothing.   What exactly has been confirmed?

Are we to assume that you are referring to Pollux's post or referrals to another thread in which other questions were never answered?

EDIT: where is Larry when you need a good rant!!??

All seriousness bantering aside Pete, I do appreciate your participation and resilience here in the basement.  😊

Edited by Fwrend

19 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

LOL Pete, this is what is so frustrating, i.e. non-answers like yours - clarifying nothing.   What exactly has been confirmed?

Are we to assume that you are referring to Pollux's post or referrals to another thread in which other questions were never answered?

All seriousness bantering aside Pete, I do appreciate your participation and resilience here in the basement.  😊

Gotta concur. I can’t quite figure out what is being confirmed either.

24 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

3 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Now I'm confused.  I thought it was clear from reports of consumer experiences that (1) people who have MODO DRUM 1.0 and who who buy MODO DRUM 1.5 SE get the 3 new drum kits unlocked (so long as they upgraded their MODO DRUM software to version 1.5) and that (2) MODO DRUM 1.0 (with software version 1.5) + MODO DRUM 1.5 SE = MODO DRUM 1.5 with 13 kits.

Personally, I think all of the consumer experiences that collectively address this conclusion ^^^^ have been confirmed. Does it really matter which one? 

KEY FEATURES

Up to 13 iconic drum kits cover every style and genre of music [emphasis added].

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

20 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Respectfully, my post seemed pretty clear to me addressing the basic question of what happens if you had v1 to 1.5 full version and if you buy this new SE version with the three kits you are missing.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Now I'm confused.  I thought it was clear from reports of consumer experiences that (1) people who have MODO DRUM 1.0 and who who buy MODO DRUM 1.5 SE get the 3 new drum kits unlocked (so long as they upgraded their MODO DRUM software to version 1.5) and that (2) MODO DRUM 1.0 (with software version 1.5) + MODO DRUM 1.5 SE = MODO DRUM 1.5 with 13 kits.

Personally, I think all of the consumer experiences that collectively address this conclusion ^^^^ have been confirmed. Does it really matter which one?

So, why aren't APD selling MODO DRUM 1.5 (13 kits) instead of MODO DRUM SE (5 kits)? 

Why can't IKM aka Pete just make a simple clarification or at least clear confirmation?

Why would one have to rely on customer experiences regarding a confusing or at least mis-worded sale conflicting IKM's own site when IKM's own representative can't address it clearly?

But thanks User 905133, your response does lend weight to the speculation and for that I am grateful!!

28 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Respectfully, my post seemed pretty clear to me addressing the basic question of what happens if you had v1 to 1.5 full version and if you buy this new SE version with the three kits you are missing.  

Brian, your post may have been clear but ,with due respect, some of us would like to get IK confirmation here, and it was unclear what post Peter was confirming.

Just now, LAGinz said:

Brian, your post may have been clear but ,with due respect, some of us would like to get IK confirmation here, and it was unclear what post Peter was confirming.

I went through that same rodeo myself in the link below.   But respectfully I provided even more info than IK would have offered, you think they would have posted about the PITA experience to get it all to potentially work?

I don’t really understand your point Brian. All I’m really trying to do is clarify what Peter said. If I buy the SE and it does not  (for whatever reason) give me full Modo with all the kits, and I say “but Brian said….”, I doubt that will get much consideration from IK. If Peter has confirmed this, I would suspect their attitude would be different. To be clear, I’m not questioning your actual experience with this.

Edited by LAGinz

6 hours ago, LAGinz said:

If I buy the SE and it does not  (for whatever reason) give me full Modo with all the kits

It was just wrong information on the APD page. The SE version doesn't give you all the kits, just the 5 (or the 3 new ones if you have the 1.0 version).

They've removed the incorrect information. It doesn't mention 13 kits anymore.

• Thanks 1

I started with Full Modo 1.5 with the original 10 kits (and the new three locked out) and bought the SE for the three additional kits.

My IKM profile/products tells me I now have MODO SE and that this includes the three new kits.

They've (apparently) downloaded, installed, authorised and registered but I can't see MODO SE in the Product Manager, and neither can I see the kits in the sounds in Product Manager.  I can't see any trace of files of the new three kits on the PC.

Edited by jerrydf
Clarifying the Modo version
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, jerrydf said:

I started with Full Modo 1.5 and bought the SE for the three additional kits.

If you had the full 1.5 version there was no point to buy SE. The full 1.5 version has all 13 kits.

3 minutes ago, BTP said:

If you had the full 1.5 version there was no point to buy SE. The full 1.5 version has all 13 kits.

No - sorry - the full but un-updated Modo before the three kits were released. They were locked out in the 1.5 version I had.

I'll edit my post to clarify.

Thanks for pointing it out!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jerrydf said:

No - sorry - the full but un-updated Modo before the three kits were released. They were locked out in the 1.5 version I had.

I'll edit my post to clarify.

Thanks for pointing it out!

You had the full 1.0 version and 1.5 CS then. You couldn't have updated to 1.5 before the new kits were released, they were released with 1.5.

19 minutes ago, BTP said:

You had the full 1.0 version and 1.5 CS then. You couldn't have updated to 1.5 before the new kits were released, they were released with 1.5.

Same case here.  The updated APD sale page speaks volumes and at least clears up some things - thanks BTP!

One good thing about this thread - it relieved some GAS on this old soul.  I'll just wait for another group buy or holiday sale for the new kits - it's not like I don't already have enough drums to (or not) work with!  😇

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

I am still on MODO Drums 1 with 10 kits. This upgrade business is too confusing. Will wait until the next GB to get it free. I think if you have 1.0 full and upgrade to 1.5 SE, you in fact get then 1.5 full. The only difference is the 3 new kits. I think IKM approached this upgrade strategy a little  wonky. They should have just  release the expansions and an expansion bundle of 3 kits and called it that. Calling it 1.5 implies there are all these other new changes in MODO Drum which I dont think there are. (I may be wrong)