MODO Drum 1.5 SE $39.99 at APD (3 new kits)

BTP

I have MODO Drum 1.0 from TS Max 3.5 (the engine update to 1.5 is free but does not include the new drumkits).

If I purchase this one, would I have the content of MODO Drum 1.0 + the 3 new kits, or would it "downgrade" me to 1.5 SE?

• Confused 1

There was a similar discussion for the Memorial Day Sale  I will try to find the thread, but the bottom line at the time was that this updates 1.0 to 1.5.  I did this and was able to use $12 in jam points.  But, if you are inclined to upgrade to TS MAX 4 when it eventually comes out, you might want to use the $40 for that.

Edited by User 905133
update info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a bit confused by this sale as it purports to include 13 kits whereas the SE version only comes with 5 kits?  Can someone who didn't have MODODrum verify how many kits they get?  If all thirteen, that's one heck of a deal!!

I already have 1.5 and have all kits except the new ones, i.e. Silver, Metal, & Brit Custom so $13.33/ea is still a pretty good deal.  Here's what I see on the IKM website (logged in).

2110880310_MODODrum.thumb.JPG.d96e4eb24dbba1374ed1473584a7ec03.JPG

10 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

I am a bit confused by this sale as it purports to include 13 kits whereas the SE version only comes with 5 kits?  Can someone who didn't have MODODrum verify how many kits they get?  If all thirteen, that's one heck of a deal!!

I already have 1.5 and have all kits except the new ones, i.e. Silver, Metal, & Brit Custom so $13.33/ea is still a pretty good deal.  Here's what I see on the IKM website (logged in).

2110880310_MODODrum.thumb.JPG.d96e4eb24dbba1374ed1473584a7ec03.JPG

You must have 1.5 CS and 1.0 full version.

The 1.5 full version price is low for you because you have the 1.0 full version.

1.5 is $299.99 for people who don't have 1.0.

Edited by BTP

1 hour ago, BTP said:

You must have 1.5 CS and 1.0 full version.

The 1.5 full version price is low for you because you have the 1.0 full version.

1.5 is $299.99 for people who don't have 1.0.

Yes, but still doesn't explain why this sale is for SE which only has 5 kits (including the three new ones) but states that all 13 are included.

4 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

Yes, but still doesn't explain why this sale is for SE which only has 5 kits (including the three new ones) but states that all 13 are included.

Oh right, it does say that on the APD page. Someone's just made a mistake. (I'm not surprised, it's pretty confusing to have CS, SE and full versions and 1.0 and 1.5 versions.)

3 hours ago, Fwrend said:

Do you have MODO DRUM 1.5 or do you have MODO DRUM 1.0 with the software upgraded to 1.5?   

11 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Do you have MODO DRUM 1.5 or do you have MODO DRUM 1.0 with the software upgraded to 1.5?   

Read the previous posts, he's talking about the wrong information on the APD page.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, BTP said:

Read the previous posts, he's talking about the wrong information on the APD page.

(1) I did read them. (2) Are you trying to say my question is not a relevant response to the post I quoted?  If so, I could try to explain why I feel it is relevant. 

Edited by User 905133
Grammatical correction + clarification

40 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Personally, I have MD 1.0 and purchased (or chose during the GB) CS to upgrade to 1.5.  However, my point was the version confusion on this APD deal, i.e. showing the SE version while describing the full 1.5 version.  The confusion may very well be on the IKM side which isn't surprising.

Still wondering if someone without either version can purchase this APD item (MODO Drum SE) and indeed have all 13 kits?  As SE contains only 5 kits and the regular 1.5 version contains 13 as stated above.  Makes no difference, just curious.

EDIT: corrected SE & CS versions as needed.

Edited by Fwrend

This thread is giving me a headache. 🥹Currently my Modo shows (in info) as being 1.5, but I don’t have the three kits mentioned. If I get this SE deal, does it give me what I have plus the three new kits?

18 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

This thread is giving me a headache. 🥹Currently my Modo shows (in info) as being 1.5, but I don’t have the three kits mentioned. If I get this SE deal, does it give me what I have plus the three new kits?

Yes.

I did this when I could get it with the JamPoints discount a couple months back.  Had Full Modo drum 1.whatever, then got the SE which includes the full kits.  As long as you update 1.5 for the full...the new kits will show up.

That said, I recall a major PITA to make the software actually see all the kits.  I had to physically move folders around and other non-sense.  Just a heads up, but it can be done.

4 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Right?  I think the answer is yes:

1. it would give you (& me, having 1.5) the three kits we are missing bringing the total number of kits to thirteen. Since I got the CS version, it only provided the 1.5 update and not the new kits.
2. to those who have 1.0 (any version) it would upgrade to 1.5 and all thirteen kits. (still confused on this but seems to be).
3. it would give those without MODO Drums the full 1.5 version with all thirteen kits (still confused because page states SE but includes 13 kits).

@Peter - IK Multimedia  can you confirm or deny?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

Personally, I have MD 1.0 . . . .

That's what I thought.  Thanks for reconfirming that.  I understand the APD issue and how that adds to the confusion.  

I would be very surprised if APD's codes unlock 13 kit versions of MODO DRUM for consumers that don't have the 10-kit version , but you never know.  And I agree, if that's what consumers are getting, its a good deal!!!

• Like 1