Jump to content
MarianoGF

Boston Flowers Theme [10-09-2019 update]::.

Recommended Posts

I like it a lot.  The light colors look classy in my opinion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2019 at 9:06 AM, Matthew White said:

Looking good! How did you get the screen shot above to show that large?

Thanks!

I've used the "print screen" key from the keyboard, and pasted it into any image editor. Then saved it as JPG.

But then I couldn't take advantage of the full resolution uploading it straight to the forum, so what I did was to upload it to https://imggmi.com and paste the link here under the "insert image from URL" option.

Edited by Mariano Germán Flores
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition to preserving size, using links to image servers does not count against the 50MB quota.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the look of this theme. Always did like the Mercury theme, but when the darker themes came around, I switched to them. I would try this theme though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's my current favorite "light" theme, Mariano.

One thing I found odd, though: when I applied it, I had a project open using Mattthew White's M-Spec, my current favorite "dark" theme.

The project has 4 tracks, and the tracks have pink, blue, green, and orange colors set. When I applied Boston Flowers, all of the tracks lost their colors, turned to your default grey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded only 655KB is that fine? I mean, all other skins are more than 2MB, some  much above 10MB, didn't expect such differences are possible but I'll take any reason :D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chris.r said:

I downloaded only 655KB is that fine? I mean, all other skins are more than 2MB, some  much above 10MB, didn't expect such differences are possible but I'll take any reason :D.

It depends on how many items have been changed and each items file size after editing them.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Matthew White.

Well then, it's really great to have the choice between tiny and big skins as the selection grows nicely. My old laptop is outrageously low in RAM, and now I can go try to figure out if the skin size matters here on my system.

Cheers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loaded this up. It's certainly an improvement over the black on black/gray Cakewalk seems to be enamored with. I wish they offered something similar to the Cakewalk for Windows white theme. It's far better for a lit room. Even in a dark room you can turn down the monitor brightness. But at with this I can see more of how to edit in the theme editor although I don't think I can get to the white theme with the existing tools.

But I really like this over the stock themes! Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 4:37 AM, Starship Krupa said:

It's my current favorite "light" theme, Mariano.

One thing I found odd, though: when I applied it, I had a project open using Mattthew White's M-Spec, my current favorite "dark" theme.

The project has 4 tracks, and the tracks have pink, blue, green, and orange colors set. When I applied Boston Flowers, all of the tracks lost their colors, turned to your default grey.

Yes, I've chosen grey as default clip color, because I don't understand the meaning of having default multi colors when you can choose those what you like from the palette of every track. You can customize this in the colors menu.

Edited by Mariano Germán Flores
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mariano Germán Flores said:

Yes, I've chosen grey as default clip color, because I don't understand the meaning of having default multi colors when you can choose those what you like from the palette of every track. You can customize this in the colors menu.

I just keep them colored as default to add or keep some color for those who don't bother with Color Coding or changing the colors at all, I was one of them at one point lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I see, those clip colors will only change to grey if I haven't set my own colors.

I presume then that they will also take on whatever default clip colors other themes apply.

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...