Free Epic Game - Coming Thursday, Jul 28th

abacab

They removed it from the listing!  Looks like it only shows the two free now, I wonder if they'll do something else for tomorrow.  I got it in Humble Choice anyway, I'm sure it will complement the powerwash simulator I got free somewhere, PC builder sim, and other sims based on mundane tasks that I already do enough IRL that I'll never play their virtual versions.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

They removed it from the listing!  Looks like it only shows the two free now, I wonder if they'll do something else for tomorrow.  I got it in Humble Choice anyway, I'm sure it will complement the powerwash simulator I got free somewhere, PC builder sim, and other sims based on mundane tasks that I already do enough IRL that I'll never play their virtual versions.

Still here! https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/lawn-mowing-simulator-838bf3

Available TOMORROW.

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

Someone please let me know when they update Epic Pinball games (not the hacked versions).  I miss those.  Hmmmmm. Now that I think about it, maybe I can add that to my "Does anyone use XP these days?" reply (in another thread).  

Wasn't the new Pinball FX a mess recently?  I am not part of the "f Epic" movement but I think the timing was bad because they transitioned it from Pinball FX3 into something people didn't really like during Early Access from what I recall and that's not a great look/time.

I just want Unreal Tournament and was excited for that update that fizzled out unfortunately.  I wonder if the ancient version runs on Windows 10 or 11.

I didn't know about the movement, but after my post I went to Epic, saw the FX Pinball there, signed up for an account, got the free starter version, and installed it.  I get a popup saying my PC doesn't support DX12. But, dxdiag says I have DX12.  Not a big enough issue for me to join a movement!  I know I had the MS-DOS versions running on an older PC within the past 5-10 years.

48 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Thank you.  I want that new one they were working on too but that got cancelled :(

I got my nostalgia fix with Unreal Gold. Playing it again takes me back in time. The game graphics settings were a real struggle on a vintage PC, but they really scream on a modern PC! Remember the 3dfx Voodoo3 PCI cards?

The original Unreal appeared on my first PC back in the 90's, as it was bundled with a Sound Blaster Live.

I was impressed by the immersive soundtrack!

Edited by abacab

31 minutes ago, abacab said:

I got my nostalgia fix with Unreal Gold. Playing it again takes me back in time. The game graphics settings were a real struggle on a vintage PC, but they really scream on a modern PC! Remember the 3dfx Voodoo3 PCI cards?

The original Unreal appeared on my first PC back in the 90's, as it was bundled with a Sound Blaster Live.

I was impressed by the immersive soundtrack!

I loved the original Unreal Tournament most, we used to play it after hours when I was working IT.  Loved those 3DFX Voodoo 3 cards!  Running two using SLI was something to make people envious.

So many games back then had amazing soundtracks.  Yes, games today have pretty epic soundtracks (pun intended) but there's just something about some of the raw perfect soundtracks back then.