Unable to Record MIDI Drums with Ekit

I have an Alesis DM7X electronic drum kit. I cannot get it to produce any sound. It is working according to Device Manager and everything seems mapped properly in Cakewalk and Addictive Drums. I'm not sure what to do. Let me know what info or screenshots would be helpful.

Thank you!

You realize that you won’t hear the drum module sounds unless you connect audio cables.  The USB connection is for midi data normally. If it has a driver install it. Don’t depend on a generic driver if the manufacturer supplied proper drivers.  
A few of my tutorials contain details of connecting midi gear. #2 for sure you might want to watch 

20 hours ago, John David Ross said:

I have an Alesis DM7X electronic drum kit. I cannot get it to produce any sound. It is working according to Device Manager and everything seems mapped properly in Cakewalk and Addictive Drums. I'm not sure what to do. Let me know what info or screenshots would be helpful.

Thank you!

17 minutes ago, Cactus Music said:

You realize that you won’t hear the drum module sounds unless you connect audio cables. . . . 

When I saw the original post, I also wondered what the source of "any sound" was (the "it)--the electronic drum kit or a soft synth.  But when I saw the comment about "everything seems mapped properly in Cakewalk and Addictive Drums," I decided that he was just using the drum kit as a controller, not as a sound source.

But you might be right and he is trying to record the sound from the Alesis.

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

But you might be right and he is trying to record the sound from the Alesis.

This is it... it's always sort of having to second guess what might not be set up properly.  😕   

Digital drums are a little tricky and in my case I cannot use a VST while tracking because there will be a tiny bit of delay which drives me nuts. So I have the drum modul connected to inputs 3/4 and use that while tracking. I leave input echo off.