nieta del sol

mark skinner

Hello , here's a simple instrumental I've been working on for Way too long. Having a little Spanish feel , I named it after a long gone horse we used to own.  Any help on this one will be appreciated. I've gotten a little too close to it.   Thank You ..   mark      

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 2

at 1:00 bring up the classical guitar a few decibels....probably throughout the whole song, in fact i'd probably devote a whole 8 or 16  bars or so to just some of the classical guitar, give it the spotlight....this is really good music, it's so fluid and smooth....i'd think about adding more sections, making it a part of a longer piece....great stuff mark 🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

Hey Mark . . . another great piece, and I enjoyed the super cool usage of Acoustic classical vs. Electro !

The opening musical theme on the electric is totally amazing, super catchy, then you turn it in to an up tempo jazzy jam . . . such a great listen :0

Now, I just found myself just wanting more of that opening catchy riff, because you move on to variations of it . . . maybe get back to it somehow, end with it ?

Who knows, just a fan, keep on doing it the way you do it !

• Like 1

Excellent piece.

This really reminds me of something (in a good way) - I just can't remember what!  I will be the dissenting voice and suggest dropping the classical guitar, as the electric guitar is just so tasteful.

• Like 1

Hey , Thanks to Everyone for the Great comments and suggestions. I thought I had a remix ready to post , but now want to change the ending . It felt a little rushed. I've made some changes to the nylon guitar bringing it forward and wider using the widening plugin Barry suggested in his new song thread. Amazing result. Hopefully I'll be done with the remix soon . I've got a pretty touchy copy and paste session to do and some further volume/panning automation to finish.  Thank You for your time and support , I deeply appreciate it ..

mark

• Like 1

Mark,

Good song and performance.   Definitely push that classical guitar forward in the mix as others have mentioned.    Seems like you have pushed it up somewhat from a mix I heard the other day but could come up a bit more.   Some subtle ping pong delay may help it stand out a bit more in the mix.

Regards

• Like 1

Thanks @Bajan Blue @KSband @markno999 for the further comments. I liked the ping pong delay suggestion   but the widening plugin had a little sweeping effect so I'll leave it as is for now. Here is the remix I hope the nylon is better ??   The link at the top now also reflects the Remix.

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 1