Where is Larry?

Doug Rintoul

21 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I think we’re suffocating Larry with our love. We should actually chastise him a little bit. Bad, bad Larry, where you at. That kinda talk. 

It's only been a few days, but I see you're progressing well through the various stages of grief! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

If anyone didn't realize how important Larry is to this forum, they're realizing it now. I made a single deal thread yesterday to try to help. But without Larry, the threads have basically dried up.

The critic who came after Larry hasn't contributed a single deal thread.  I think it would be a nice gesture if that person posted an apology to Larry. This is a small community with a kind,  friendly vibe that has kept me coming back.  But I recall my own experience where an online bully made numerous vicious personal attacks on me in this forum because he was angry when I wrote that he misquoted me and was misrepresenting a point I made. The experience temporarily destroyed  the enjoyment I normally  have at this forum. Despite many years of managing and consulting on social media for major brands and being well aware of how badly some people behave in social media,  being personally attacked at a place where I never expected it, a place that has always been very friendly, with others who shared my love of making music where I could chill, was jarring. I didn't see it coming, and it didn't fit with my perception of this forum.  

Now, I wouldn't go as far as saying that Larry dealt with bullying, I don't think it reached that level,  but it was hostile behavior and the guy followed him around in multiple threads, so that impacted Larry's environment a good deal.  I think it's clear from Larry's responses that it did bother him and once again,  when you consider how much effort he puts into this forum, I think he's far more emotionally invested than most here. So he's likely going to take a personal attack harder than those who are more casual visitors. 

Has anyone PMed Larry and heard back? I wish we could all send him a greeting card and let him know that we miss him. If anyone wants to do a petition to bring Larry back, I'd sign. This forum is not the same without him.  It's a giant loss even for a couple of days. 

• Like 4

While it's nice of all of you to care about Larry's absence, maybe you ought to be out making some money since you know it will all disappear upon Larry's return! 😁

(Although it's possible that Larry has simply taken all of the commissions he has earned from you guys and bought a tropical island to retire on... 🤔😜)

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 4

Hopefully Larry's just enjoying a bit of downtime rather than having to dash off to tend to family matters as he sometimes needs to. If I posted all the deals he stays on top of I'd need time off to let my fingers recover from all that typing anyway...perhaps he just has cramp. Wishing you well, Larry.

• Like 2