Where is Larry?

Doug Rintoul

4 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

What went down? Nothing wrong with saying what happened and I know I ain't the only one who's curious. 

There are two instances that I am aware of. First someone called him out for posting a Wusik deal. Second, someone critised him for starting the Studio One thread. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Second, someone critised him for starting the Studio One thread.

There were a number of individuals doing that, not only one!

I don't mind critique, but the tone of some was a bit off-key IMHO.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

There are two instances that I am aware of. First someone called him out for posting a Wusik deal. Second, someone critised him for starting the Studio One thread. 

Ok I'm all caught up now. And I agree, getting rid of Cool Edit Pro was amateur hour. 

17 hours ago, marled said:

Reading yesterdays' posts I understand absolutely that Larry does not feel to appear on this forum today! Sometimes there are some nasty grinches that spoil the desire to write posts here! ☹️

Reminds me of Vi-Control.  Next up would be regressing to Steam Community or any sports forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like any forum, there are some bad actors here. I was just looking at the threads mentioned.  I don't think it was that bad. I've seen a lot worse at this forum-- even directed at yours truly. But I have noticed there are some people here that will even rip on people for saying things praising Larry and there was a person in both those threads that seemed to follow and antagonize Larry. I'm guessing that's what bothered him. 

As we all know, Larry spends a lot of time and energy here -- if there's any single person who makes this forum a place worth coming back to, it's certainly Larry. It is truly "powered by Larry."  So having someone being rude to him here probably bothers him more than most of us. I'm guessing that he just needs a breather, a break from the forum for a bit. I did check on FB and see he's been very actively making political and social commentary posts, so he's okay (that was my first concern). Hopefully, when he's ready to come back, he'll see this thread and realize that there's a lot of people here who greatly appreciate him. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 8

26 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Some people like to turn it into a game of beat Larry.   His posts are always thorough and others are often half assed with no links.

If your goal is to beat Larry to a deal and it's poorly posted, please STOP!    

I actually stopped after creating a couple of threads and getting the smack down from Larry that he already had a post about the sale that I missed. That's why I always smile when I see someone else making a post duplicating one of Larry's. It is amusing to me. There have been sales I've seen where I searched and no one posted it yet I held back posting, just because I see this as Larry's place! I'm just one of the townspeople here. Larry is the mayor. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I actually stopped after creating a couple of threads and getting the smack down from Larry that he already had a post about the sale that I missed. That's why I always smile when I see someone else making a post duplicating one of Larry's. It is amusing to me. There have been sales I've seen where I searched and no one posted it yet that I held back on, just because I see this as Larry's place! I'm just one of the townspeople here. Larry is the mayor. 

Nothing wrong with duplicates if they are a really good deal.  Having no urls or and then using acronyms that could be for 70 products gets on my nerves. There's another forum to two good for that. 

Edited by kitekrazy

27 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I actually stopped after creating a couple of threads and getting the smack down from Larry that he already had a post about the sale that I missed.

The smack down is all part of the game. I have done the same to Larry when he has posted duplicates but it is all done in fun. With the rate that Larry posts, I really shouldn't expect him to check every deal before he posts.

• Like 1