Gaia's Tears Revised version with Whispered lyrics over Vocoder. See 3rd post on page 2.

Wookiee

Lyrics
City lights of the night leave me blinded
The Silence of these hills deafen me.
Grey Gull skims the White horses
Oystercatcher fails in its quest once more

Gaia sighs

Moon dreams fall upon the open sea
insipid thoughts slip through the mind fog
Tyrannical fools try to rule the world.
Destroying what they cannot have

Gaia cries

Long forgotten ocean creatures
Fall as polluted rain
Once Sleeping trees roar once more
A different canopy they do deploy

Gaia weeps

Mother earth gives to us and we do take
Thank you never do we say
Just abuse her and user her
Then complain when she takes her price

Gaia Weeps

Gaia weeps, on Mothers shoulders
Mother cries in Gaia’s arms

Thanks for the ears and time.

Toys used
Instruments
Roland Cloud
SRX Orchestra, XV5080
Cherry Audio 
Voltage Modular, Rack vocoder (Instrument as FX) 
Toontrack
EZ Bass
Arturia
SEM (2) V 

FX
NI's Raum Reverb
Cherry's Audios Stardust 201 delay
Arturia's Jun - 6 chorus
Boz Digitals +10dB Compressor
Infected Mushroom Wider

Cakewalk Stock Pro Channel Quad curve EQ, N-Type Channel emulation and Channel compressor, CA-2A
On the Busses Cakewalk Tape, N-Type Buss emulation,  Quad curve EQ, Buss Compressor
Overloud Breverb as a global reverb on a Buss

• Like 4

Wookie , that was a Very creative and Highly interesting production. Very nice trippy lyrics.  I believe I would try a vocal "whisper" track on top of the vocoder with  your Raum Airy reverb. The printed lyrics were a big help but you "might" be able to whisper them.     I Really enjoyed it ..   mark

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, David Sprouse said:

wookie, enjoyed this immensely.

Thanks nice to hear it is enjoyable. 

1 hour ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Wookie

this is really great - enjoyed this immensely - what reverb are you using? - I particularly liked the reverb in the opening gong type sound

Cool

Nigel

The bell sound is created using Voltage Modular from Cherry Audio's FM module. Then I used Native Instruments Raum reverb FX with a long regenerative tail. I then send a hint to the global reverb buss which has Overloud's Breverb hall preset to set it in the soundstage. 

Thanks for the ears and kind words. 

Excellent. I really like this one Wookie.
Chimes at the beginning reminded me of church bells for a funeral. Seemed appropriate for subject.

"Then complain when she takes her price"   stood out to me. Nice way to express the issue.
I had trouble understanding the lyrics via vocoder. Maybe back it off or do what Mark suggested? But could just be me b/c of hearing loss at certain freqs.
You've inspired me to experiment with vocoders. Never done that before.
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Wookie , that was a Very creative and Highly interesting production. Very nice trippy lyrics.  I believe I would try a vocal "whisper" track on top of the vocoder with  your Raum Airy reverb. The printed lyrics were a big help but you "might" be able to whisper them.     I Really enjoyed it ..   mark

Interesting idea given a chance to get in the studio I might give it a try though I have another reverb in mind. 

Nice to know you enjoyed the trippy lyrics, as always your time, ears and comments are appreciated. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 8:59 PM, steve@baselines.com said:

Interesting stuff!  I am glad you had the lyrics for this one.  I liked 'destroying what they cannot have.'

Thanks, the lyrics have been lurking for a couple of months, just had the best way to "sing"(sic) them. As is so often the case the simplest progression worked the best. 

Good to hear you found them interesting. 

On 7/26/2022 at 3:13 PM, Kevin Perry said:

Some kind of shimmer reverb by any chance?  That would work well with spoken words.

More cosmic & only recently released, thank you sir 

On 7/26/2022 at 3:53 PM, Old Joad said:

Gotta say I've never heard a song with the name Gaia in it. very cool and well done🤘

Thanks Joad you are most kind. 

On 7/27/2022 at 4:55 AM, Larry T. said:

yep, this one really works....great job Wook....this forum has some folks who can really deliver the goods!!!! 🎶🎶🎶🎶

You are most kind, I agree there are many talent peeps here, thanks for the ears and time, it is appreciated.