Save as SMF?

Steven Lewis

Question

Haven't tried it yet. I want to put part of my song (using 'Nylon Strings' sound) into my Roland FA 07 sequencer. Mostly to get the better sound from the keyboard. The FA wants the smf format 0 only. Can I save as Midi using format 0 and just change the extension? (form *.mid to *.smf)

5 answers to this question

That should work. You probably don't need to change the extension, just leave it as .mid when you copy it to the SD card.
Remember to select  MIDI Format 0 under Save as type when you save the file. Also remember that you'll be saving all the tracks in your project to the midi file, so if you just want one track, save a temporary version of the project that contains only that track.

You can also select the part, export as type 0.  Then respects your selection.  This also exports any tempo changes into the MIDI file.

Of course, one other option is to simply route your Nylon Strings MIDI track to the keyboard (If you have the appropriate MIDI interface and cabling/adapter)

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2022 at 5:51 PM, Promidi said:

Of course, one other option is to simply route your Nylon Strings MIDI track to the keyboard (If you have the appropriate MIDI interface and cabling/adapter)

I did I just didn't know how to implement it. Not even a newbie but I found a tutorial on You Tube 'Creative Sauce' that finally explained it in away I could understand. Using the midi track and an audio track and how to set up the ins and outs. Thanks for the replies! Now I'll have to figure out why it changes channels on the keyboard when I try different things. But that's a post for another time.