The Comeback - new original song

daryl1968

On 7/27/2022 at 5:16 AM, Larry T. said:

excellent song, production, mix....the whole thing....has a beautiful feel to it that reminds me of Everything But the Girl's best songs 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Thanks a lot Larry - love a bit of early EBTG

On 7/27/2022 at 3:01 PM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Glad you're releasing more new material. The tune is your classic unique style which I enjoy.

The mix sounds great here too, perfect for the style.

Very kind of you mate - much appreciated

On 7/27/2022 at 5:20 PM, markno999 said:

Daryl,

Good track and great to hear your music again, you have a very unique sound that is instantly recognizable.   Your lyrics are always clever but  I particularly like the lyrics on this song, I think many can identify with the message:)   Super enjoyable listen.

Regards

Thanks Mark - you're very kind

On 7/27/2022 at 4:27 PM, Paul Bush said:

Really well constructed liked the way the vollums changed nothing was forced rally liked the finger clicking i the verses

Thanks so much Paul. Hope you are well mate

On 7/28/2022 at 3:51 AM, bjornpdx said:

Hi Daryl,
Great to hear another song from you .
Very nice arrangement of piano and strings and quite a catchy tune.
Hope to hear more from you.
-Bjorn

Thank you Bjorn my friend

On 7/31/2022 at 3:25 PM, freddy j said:

Hey Daryl -- glad to see you back and posting new songs on the forum.  Excellent catchy and memorable song.  Love the finger snaps!!!!  Great vocals and harmonies!!

Thanks so much Freddy. 

On 8/1/2022 at 6:40 PM, DeeringAmps said:

me too, same thing!

had a moment of my "adult onset tourette's" (hey I'm an American with  disability), but thought better of it 🙃

👏

t

Ha. Thanks Tom

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 4:27 PM, Johnbee58 said:

Catchy melody.  I like the words too.  Was this inspired by your own brief hiatus from the forum or are you referring to somebody else?

😀John B

Thanks John. I did have someone in mind when I started writing but I soon realised that it was autobiographical. 

:)

Cheers 

5 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Like everything else I've heard from you, this is excellent. Great job. You really know how to craft and perform a catchy pop song. You're super talented. In a fair world, you'd have a major label deal. 

Wow, that's so nice of you - thanks so much. I tried to listen to Hey Joe yesterday but the lik wouldn't work. I'll try again from my pc later. 

Thanks again mate. This made my day :D

5 minutes ago, daryl1968 said:

Wow, that's so nice of you - thanks so much. I tried to listen to Hey Joe yesterday but the lik wouldn't work. I'll try again from my pc later. 

Thanks again mate. This made my day :D

Ha! No worries. I fixed the link. I stopped playing 22 years ago from a repetitive stress injury that caused lifelong tendonitis and am just trying to play again, but have all the skils of a cat walking across a piano and I never had a decent singing voice. Absolutely no comparison with your level of talent. I had a couple of good moments but nothing impressive. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 3:35 PM, PavlovsCat said:

Ha! No worries. I fixed the link. I stopped playing 22 years ago from a repetitive stress injury that caused lifelong tendonitis and am just trying to play again, but have all the skils of a cat walking across a piano and I never had a decent singing voice. Absolutely no comparison with your level of talent. I had a couple of good moments but nothing impressive. 

Well I really enjoyed your cover. I'm glad you continue to do your thing mate 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 6:26 PM, Bapu said:

Bump this gem once more!

thanks gorgeous

On 9/11/2022 at 6:02 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

Terrific song, Daryl!  Your craftmanship is remarkable, and it keeps inspiring me (and I'm sure others, too) to keep writing and putting my best foot forward.  You're hard to keep up with, but worth the effort to try.

awww thanks so much Lynn - you're too kind mate

On 9/11/2022 at 11:27 PM, Eric Parsons said:

What a fun, well-crafted tune.  I particularly dig whatever you're doing to the vocal track.  It has

such a unique sound.  Well done.

Eric

Thanks a lot Eric - very kind of you

On 9/12/2022 at 4:18 AM, jwnicholson78 said:

Very catchy.

I felt like your lyrics were speaking directly to me...

jeff

Thanks Jeff - ha - I know exactly what you mean sir