Studio One is about to get the Shaft

cclarry

3 hours ago, abacab said:

That there is a "Craig Anderton-esque" workaround, and practically the current industry standard! :)

But Imagine if everyone had free access to the same platform for exchanging entire projects? Especially beginners?

It's also what Warren Huart's "Produce Like a Pro" does with the multi-tracks he provides for members to mix. And Steven Slate too.

So yeah.... industry standard.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8480412#p8480412

Studio One customers don't have anything to worry about.

Fender makes Custom shop guitars for Pros, Mexican Strats for Working musicians and Squier strats for beginners.

Studio One will always be our flagship application for professionals. Sure, we may utilize the technology to create new things for entry level recordists, kind of like Apple did with Garageband. But we have a lot of years invested in Studio One and we are just getting warmed up.

Studio tuned....

Rick Naqvi
VP of Sales, PreSonus

Rick Naqvi
rnaqvi@presonus.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From gear space...... 
Fender makes Custom shop guitars for Pros, Mexican Strats for Working musicians and Squier strats for beginners.

Studio One will always be our flagship application for professionals. Sure, we may utilize the technology to create new things for entry level recordists, kind of like Apple did with Garageband. But we have a lot of years invested in Studio One and we are just getting warmed up.

Studio tuned....

Rick Naqvi
VP of Sales, PreSonus

Thankfully I was only experimenting with S1 since last spring (have to admit that I was pretty impressed by the simplicity of the DAW). After all I’m not a professional.  Else I would have been anxious enough after reading Fender’s CEO interview. This guy has so little respect for the S1 users. And one of the good things in Studio One IMHO is that it’s not bloated at all, compared to some other DAWs. Sadly Mooney doesn’t realize that.

I’m afraid that Fender’s decisions might prevail and S1 team will be overwhelmed having to work on two different projects at the same time and eventually S1 development will slow down to some extent. In each case time will show.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marina said:

I’m afraid that Fender’s decisions might prevail and S1 team will be overwhelmed having to work on two different projects at the same time and eventually S1 development will slow down to some extent. In each case time will show.

True, but if it's a new product/project, they might hire some new people to work on it independently. As you said though, time will tell.

• Like 1

I tried S1 when I left Cakewalk but never really gelled with it. I loved the arranger feature though. 

I took a number of mix with masters classes during Covid and they all had Pro Tools and showed how they set up their templates. (Chris Lorde Alge, Scheps, and Brauer). I bit the bullet and got PT and built a template and fell in love. I have a pair of S1 control surfaces and the SSL  UC1 between them and it’s the best mixing setup I’ve ever used. 

I now use Ableton for the creative and Pro Tools for mixing. 

horses for courses, your mileage may vary, etc. 

• Like 1

ProTools -> gelled = *not*.  I can work in it but it's not a joyful experience.

As of now I'm about as proficient in S1 as I was in CbB. Still use CbB occasionally.

I record/create and mix and (small m) master in S1.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bapu said:

As of now I'm about as proficient in S1 as I was in CbB. Still use CbB occasionally.

I guess your horse likes a different course... 😆

I will say that a pair of Avid S1s with Pro Tools might change your mind, but it's an investment. 🤘

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

Me too.  I do occasionally open old songs in Cakewalk to move them into Studio One, that’s it for Cakewalk usage these days for me.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, smallstonefan said:

I guess your horse likes a different course... 😆

I will say that a pair of Avid S1s with Pro Tools might change your mind, but it's an investment. 🤘

But then what would I do with fully integrated Presonus FP-16?  😉 

1 minute ago, Bapu said:

But then what would I do with fully integrated Presonus FP-16?  😉 

And my well functioning Softube Console-1? 😉 

FYI: Console 1 is soooooo poorly implemented on ProTools the last time I checked.

@smallstonefan I'm not bashing ProTools. I own a perpetual license and I currently have 4 years of paid updates/maintenance in the queue.

If all DAWs except ProTools ceased to exist tomorrow I'd become comfortable in ProTools.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bapu said:

@smallstonefan I'm not bashing ProTools. I own a perpetual license and I currently have 4 years of paid updates/maintenance in the queue.

If all DAWs except ProTools ceased to exist tomorrow I'd become comfortable in ProTools.

So you still have for 4 years ahead that you paid on a DAW you will probably not use?

1 minute ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

So you still have for 4 years ahead that you paid on a DAW you will probably not use?

Ya and no. I use ProTools, it's just not a joyful experience. It's not such a pain that I detest it. Just not my goto DAW.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smallstonefan said:

I now use Ableton for the creative and Pro Tools for mixing. 

I agree on the Ableton choice, as I upgraded to Ableton Live 11 Suite for the insane creative stuff.

But with the intent of using Studio One Pro for editing and mixing. :)

• Like 1