Jump to content
cclarry

Wusik Freebies

Recommended Posts

Use a burner email address or you will get spam from them years later.

I blocked them and they started sending spam from a different email address over a year later.

One to avoid I would say.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Technostica said:

Use a burner email address or you will get spam from them years later.

I blocked them and they started sending spam from a different email address over a year later.

One to avoid I would say.

I agree...I avoid them like the plague, but YMMV

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cclarry said:

I agree...I avoid them like the plague, but YMMV

Isn't it good to say that upfront when you are in effect promoting a company's products?

Edited by Technostica
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Technostica said:

Isn't it good to say that upfront when you are in effect promoting a company's products?

You obviously have some HUGE issues Tech.  

I only REPORT the deals and sales...I DO NOT "Promote" ANYONE!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Technostica said:

 blocked them and they started sending spam from a different email address over a year later.

Same. Only developer I ever had to block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I only REPORT the deals and sales...I DO NOT "Promote" ANYONE!

Why report a deal for a company and fail to state upfront what you later stated; " I avoid them like the plague".

It feels disrespectful to the forum to report a deal and withhold very pertinent info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Wusik developer is like on everyone's shitlist.  Banned from KVR.   No update to WS 10 but paid upgrade for 11.   

He hides behind mental health issues and asks for donations.

It's kinda sad how far he fell.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Technostica said:

Why report a deal for a company and fail to state upfront what you later stated; " I avoid them like the plague".

It feels disrespectful to the forum to report a deal and withhold very pertinent info.

No such thing. The dude abides. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fleer said:

The dude abides.

 

the dude.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dee said:

Just a reminder for all Wusik supporters:

https://ko-fi.com/williamkalfelz

PS: is V12 WUP paid update comig soon? :x

 

That leaves me out. He goes far to avoid feedback,  He' s gad forums where he changes the url.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2022 at 11:53 PM, Technostica said:

Why report a deal for a company and fail to state upfront what you later stated; " I avoid them like the plague".

It feels disrespectful to the forum to report a deal and withhold very pertinent info.

I can see both sides of that for sure. But on one Reddit the owner hates IK and won't post any deals of theirs, which can adversely affect people that might be interested.

In ways there's some merit to just churning out deals as quickly as possible, so whoever is ok with each developer can jump on the deal and for anyone that isn't familiar with them, they can ask. Especially as some deals are time sensitive.

I can't stand Avid/Protools and Waves for example (among others!) but I do know that lots of people like them.

So everyone is always going to have different views and while it might be nice to add some sort of endorsement for, (or against), I'm not sure I'd view it as essential personally.

Just my 2c ✌️

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Just my 2c ✌️

That probably should be '1c', seeing how this is the 'Deals' Forum

  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heath row said:

That probably should be '1c', seeing how this is the 'Deals' Forum

It's 1c, but the other 1c is for WUP.. just being upfront about it 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MusicMan said:

So everyone is always going to have different views and while it might be nice to add some sort of endorsement for, (or against), I'm not sure I'd view it as essential personally.

But, but......what about the folks who like to have all their thinking done for them ? Surely it's not fair to deliberately exclude them ?

  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MusicMan said:

So everyone is always going to have different views and while it might be nice to add some sort of endorsement for, (or against), I'm not sure I'd view it as essential personally.

A deal is a deal! No moderation or endorsements are implied here. But lots of friendly discussion at times!

It's up to the potential buyer to do their own research before partaking. Google search can be your friend!!! :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, abacab said:

A deal is a deal! No moderation or endorsements are implied here. But lots of friendly discussion at times!

It's up to the potential buyer to do their own research before partaking. Google search can be your friend!!! :)

I agree. To exclude certain developers because of personal bias is paramount to censorship in my mind. And as this thread has proven, people here are not afraid to share their bad (and good) past experiences, from which others can learn. Even then, as abacab has said, people should do their own research and not take all comments as gospel.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2022 at 8:22 AM, Technostica said:

Isn't it good to say that upfront when you are in effect promoting a company's products?

One thing to note: you may think cclarry is promoting a company's product based on his initial post, but he is actually quoting a press release or a statement by the developer. No endorsement or promotion is implied by Larry's postings.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

One thing to note: you may think cclarry is promoting a company's product based on his initial post, but he is actually quoting a press release or a statement by the developer. No endorsement or promotion is implied by Larry's postings.

Lol I think it's the lack of quotation marks in Larry's cut and paste jobs.. if one didn't know better it can look as though Larry is the one "saying" what he's posted when he posts a deal, but he's actually cut and pasted something and he does it so many times a day that he doesn't bother to put quotes around it anymore. 

Edited by Christian Jones
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...