Wusik Freebies

cclarry

Just now, Technostica said:

Use a burner email address or you will get spam from them years later.

I blocked them and they started sending spam from a different email address over a year later.

One to avoid I would say.

I agree...I avoid them like the plague, but YMMV

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Technostica said:

Isn't it good to say that upfront when you are in effect promoting a company's products?

You obviously have some HUGE issues Tech.  

I only REPORT the deals and sales...I DO NOT "Promote" ANYONE!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I only REPORT the deals and sales...I DO NOT "Promote" ANYONE!

Why report a deal for a company and fail to state upfront what you later stated; " I avoid them like the plague".

It feels disrespectful to the forum to report a deal and withhold very pertinent info.

3 hours ago, Technostica said:

Why report a deal for a company and fail to state upfront what you later stated; " I avoid them like the plague".

It feels disrespectful to the forum to report a deal and withhold very pertinent info.

No such thing. The dude abides. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 11:53 PM, Technostica said:

I can see both sides of that for sure. But on one Reddit the owner hates IK and won't post any deals of theirs, which can adversely affect people that might be interested.

In ways there's some merit to just churning out deals as quickly as possible, so whoever is ok with each developer can jump on the deal and for anyone that isn't familiar with them, they can ask. Especially as some deals are time sensitive.

I can't stand Avid/Protools and Waves for example (among others!) but I do know that lots of people like them.

So everyone is always going to have different views and while it might be nice to add some sort of endorsement for, (or against), I'm not sure I'd view it as essential personally.

Just my 2c ✌️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MusicMan said:

So everyone is always going to have different views and while it might be nice to add some sort of endorsement for, (or against), I'm not sure I'd view it as essential personally.

But, but......what about the folks who like to have all their thinking done for them ? Surely it's not fair to deliberately exclude them ?

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, MusicMan said:

A deal is a deal! No moderation or endorsements are implied here. But lots of friendly discussion at times!

It's up to the potential buyer to do their own research before partaking. Google search can be your friend!!! :)

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, abacab said:

A deal is a deal! No moderation or endorsements are implied here. But lots of friendly discussion at times!

It's up to the potential buyer to do their own research before partaking. Google search can be your friend!!! :)

I agree. To exclude certain developers because of personal bias is paramount to censorship in my mind. And as this thread has proven, people here are not afraid to share their bad (and good) past experiences, from which others can learn. Even then, as abacab has said, people should do their own research and not take all comments as gospel.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 8:22 AM, Technostica said:

Isn't it good to say that upfront when you are in effect promoting a company's products?

One thing to note: you may think cclarry is promoting a company's product based on his initial post, but he is actually quoting a press release or a statement by the developer. No endorsement or promotion is implied by Larry's postings.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

One thing to note: you may think cclarry is promoting a company's product based on his initial post, but he is actually quoting a press release or a statement by the developer. No endorsement or promotion is implied by Larry's postings.

Lol I think it's the lack of quotation marks in Larry's cut and paste jobs.. if one didn't know better it can look as though Larry is the one "saying" what he's posted when he posts a deal, but he's actually cut and pasted something and he does it so many times a day that he doesn't bother to put quotes around it anymore. 

Edited by Christian Jones
  • Like 1