Visual problem with stacked tracks and fades coming through from muted takes

This has been the case for a long time in my use of the program.

If i have stacked takes on a track and have muted takes underneath, no matter what i set the console view options to (display muted takes, display ghosted data on off)....i have weird behavior in the fades when editing the track from the closed lanes view. The fades from other takes get mixed up and show though and sometimes i cannot fade 2 clips together from the left to right but can from the right to left....

Super buggy stuff.

Ideas? 

Could you show a screen shot of the track? It would help if we could see what you are seeing. Also, an additional screen shot of the track with take lanes displayed would show us exactly how the takes are stacked. That may help us figure out what is happening.

I have never got takes to work if you don't use them just for composting a track from the takes. If you have multiple un-muted takes at the same place in the timeline then when you apply a fade then Cakewalk doesn't know what you are trying to fade, the clip to its neighbor or to the clip right underneath it.

Best to either bounce all the clips into one clip per timeline segment per track or use multiple tracks for each take.

You could also submit a feature request specifying how you would like it to work in the https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/8-feedback-loop/ forum