What Projects are you Working On Now?

Tim Smith

1 minute ago, craigb said:

AmpHeadStack.jpg

*Sigh...* 🙄

I feel you , brother. That stack has been haunting my memory since you first posted it.

Oh well - there's Amplitube and Guitar Rig, right?

I was raised on Marshall, so obviously, that's what I've been looking for the minute I could imagine buying a half stack again. Fortunately for me, I can't really dream of something unless there is a remote chance, so I never agonized over things like Boogies. They are forever out of reach.

So my reasonable  dream dream amp is a one fo those compact, studio JCM800 - not even a plexi or the real JCM800.

That being said, I could always borrow one of those if need be. 

For practicing purposes, I am still floored by the quality of those affordable little amps we have access to nowadays. I wish we had something like this little guy when I grew up... I can't imagine what the 2 12 version does - I would suspect that it is quite recordable. (I think our old pal D. Danzi left a review on Sweetwater's website).

297123704_10159252911117582_8576376775870233093_n.thumb.jpg.9b495fef19f37838c5f05334d81be64f.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 9:45 AM, bitflipper said:

At one time I started a similar project. I had just acquired the Oberheim 8-Voice from Cherry Audio and thought "wouldn't it be cool to do a 70's-style epic synth opus"? No samplers, no acoustic instruments, no vox, just lots of layers of subtractive synths. Well, that project sits unfinished along with a couple hundred other half-baked ideas. Lately, I've been thinking about taking a bunch of those unfinished ideas and stringing them together.

Last year I gave the project another shot. I let go of my strict no-samples requirement and allowed myself to use Superior Drummer for drums. The rest is all true to the original concept, consisting entirely of subtractive synths. This is where I left off on that one... https://soundclick.com/r/s86sea

No current projects, sadly, as my DAW is being rebuilt after it fried on a hot day.

Thanks for posting this I really liked it. I’m usually only good for about 3min listening but this thing kept changing and changing.   It kept my interest all the way thru!

9 hours ago, Rain said:

I feel you , brother. That stack has been haunting my memory since you first posted it.

Oh well - there's Amplitube and Guitar Rig, right?

I was raised on Marshall, so obviously, that's what I've been looking for the minute I could imagine buying a half stack again. Fortunately for me, I can't really dream of something unless there is a remote chance, so I never agonized over things like Boogies. They are forever out of reach.

So my reasonable  dream dream amp is a one fo those compact, studio JCM800 - not even a plexi or the real JCM800.

That being said, I could always borrow one of those if need be. 

For practicing purposes, I am still floored by the quality of those affordable little amps we have access to nowadays. I wish we had something like this little guy when I grew up... I can't imagine what the 2 12 version does - I would suspect that it is quite recordable. (I think our old pal D. Danzi left a review on Sweetwater's website).

297123704_10159252911117582_8576376775870233093_n.thumb.jpg.9b495fef19f37838c5f05334d81be64f.jpg

Fender Amps are great, put a sure 57 or 58 on that and it would sound pretty good through Cakewalk.

I have a Fender Mustang GT and I can download every amp fender ever made, and it sounds great.

Cost me a little over $300. and a Rumble for my Bass. Both amps plug right into my DAW..

My brother died last year and it got me back into writing songs, if I can ever bring my vocals up to snuff I'll post some of my songs so you can hear my Amps working.

• Like 1

Today's project. 

Reinstall OS and apps on my 'everyday' computer.

Apparently my SSD drive was going bad. Just about 2 years old Installed 9/20/2020). Only had 9980GB Total Host write. SSDs are supposed to last at least 700TB Host Writes.

Edited by Bapu
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Old Joad said:

My brother died last year and it got me back into writing songs, if I can ever bring my vocals up to snuff I'll post some of my songs so you can hear my Amps working.

Very sorry to hear this, man. I do hope you keep pushing and find it in you to post those songs. But I completely understand the struggle with vocals. 

• Like 3