FR: Allow naming new track folder, bus etc. immediately upon create

petemus

A small but important feature request:

When creating a new track folder, bus etc., it would be nice to be able to name the new item upon creation. Now you always have to find the created item and then rename it. Naming the item when creating it would be a nice touch.

For example, when sending a group of tracks to a new bus, you always have to find the new bus to rename it. If the name was asked when creating the bus, there'd be no need to navigate to wherever.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, petemus said:

For example, when sending a group of tracks to a new bus, you always have to find the new bus to rename it. If the name was asked when creating the bus, there'd be no need to navigate to wherever.

The "Insert Send Assistant" at the bottom of the "Insert Send" menu has an option to name the new bus during creation

Jfy0cSI.png

• Like 1

But the Insert Assistant is not available in this scenario:

I select a bunch of tracks to route to a new bus,  Pressing Ctrl I click on the track Output combo button and get the menu. If I then select New Stereo Bus, a bus is created with name Bus <X> and there's no possibility to rename it there and then, but I have to locate it and then rename. The Assistant only helps me with sends, not track outputs.

I should have been clearer in the initial post about that it was the track output I was assigning and not a send from the track.