Faderport Classic

dahjah

I gave a friend the faderport (classic) so he can do his voice over work easier and I got him on cakewalk, but we can't get the faderport to work at all.

I've loaded drivers, updated firmware it shows up in preferences. I selected it in midi devices and control surfaces but nothing I'm doing gets it working. I brought it home and to try on my windows 7 laptop since that's what he's on (win 7) but can't get it working here either.

Anybody got one of these things and know what I may be missing?

I've tried what someone posted with faderport 8 but this one still isn't doing anything.

It's been a while since I used the original (upgraded to a FaderPort 8), but the main gotcha is you need to enable both Key Aftertouch and Channel Aftertouch under MIDI > Playback and Recording. There's more information here. If you need to go further, also read this info from Cakewalk. as well as this additional resource in the Presonus knowledgebase.  Note that the FaderPort is class-compliant, so it doesn't need a driver per se; the Universal Control software should update the firmware, as described in this article (which also has a warning about not using the CD-ROM that came with the unit).

I don't know if the faderport.dll profile is available, but you can always run it as a Mackie control device.

Edited by Craig Anderton
  • Like 1

Same boat, dug mine out of my closet and unable to get it to work. Installed the latest Presonus software for it but there's no "FaderPort.dll", did find a "FaderPortDevice.dll" .  Tried to register that dll but it fails to load.  Tried as admin and confirmed file path/name was right.

• 2 years later...

I know, old topic, but still relevant.

CLASSIC FADERPORT::: The trick is to copy the faderport.dlls to the cakewalk shared surfaces folders, and register them.

C:\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces

I added '64' to the 64 bit file.

1) Close SONAR, if open.

2) Enter the Run prompt by holding the Windows key and pressing R

3) Then copy and paste the following into the Run prompt:, pressing enter after each line.

regsvr32 "C:\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces\faderport.dll" 

regsvr32 "C:\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces\faderport64.dll"

4) Press OK and you will see a message saying that DllRegisterServer succeeded

5) Open SONAR and add the FaderPort as a Controller/Surface, as outlined in the guide