HOLLYWOOD ORCHESTRA OPUS EDITION

Petronus

Question

My question is.

Will work HOLLYWOOD ORCHESTRA OPUS EDITION in bandlab as a VST plugin? Does anyone have any experience?

https://www.soundsonline.com/hollywood-orchestra-opus-edition

Thank you for answer

Sorry for my english, google translator helps me

5 answers to this question

"Please note that while most Sequencers / DAWs are VST 2, VST 3, AU and AAX plug-in format compatible, only those listed in the chart below are officially supported." Cakewalk is not on the list, but it would be very unusual for a plug-in to function perfectly in those 13 other programs but not in Cakewalk. Not impossible, just unusual.

I suggest asking Soundsonline. BandLab will just tell you that Cakewalk is very compliant with the VST specification (which it is). Before you buy, get their word that you can return the license for a refund if it doesn't play nice with Cakewalk. It's easy enough (free) for them to get a copy of Cakewalk to test their products with.

I did not see this before. For what it's worth I just loaded two instances of Opus into Cakewalk, one with Hollywood Orchestra and one with some solo instruments.

I tried some scores and ostinatos in Orchestrator, these followed the chord progression and temp accurately. The solo instruments worked fine.

I use Studio One mostly these days, so it's not an extensive test but it seems to work fine.

Edited by Vernon Barnes

On 9/12/2022 at 8:39 PM, Jonathan _ peter said:

Dear Petr, 

Did you get an answer from Soundsonline regarding Cakewalk?

Thanks and best regards

Jonathan 

Hello I tried east west as an iCloud demo I bought it and it works in BandLab as a VST3. So far I am satisfied. I still use Native Instrument. Both programs run without problems