Spitfire Originals Epic Choir

BTP

6 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

🤔Not to be outdone by Arturia who just listed Augmented voices at 1/2 price.

I might have to look at this one. Not the same type of thing, but in that category.

Spent my wad for this month. Looks like next month might be a vocal month.

• Great Idea 2

I hear ya. I have a couple of the introductory choirs , IOW not full versions that mostly get the job done, but I always get the feeling there are better libraries out there. I haven't listened to this one yet.  I don't use this kind of thing all the time, but when I do I want something realistic that doesn't require a lot of time to place it in a mix and have it sound right. Am I lazy? Maybe. 

13 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

I hear ya. I have a couple of the introductory choirs , IOW not full versions that mostly get the job done, but I always get the feeling there are better libraries out there. I haven't listened to this one yet.  I don't use this kind of thing all the time, but when I do I want something realistic that doesn't require a lot of time to place it in a mix and have it sound right. Am I lazy? Maybe. 

I don’t think good sound selection is being lazy, it’s actually an integral part on any workflow. If you have to spend a long time making things sound good in a mix you may need better sources.

• Like 4

I really thought it was going to be EWC2 choir  with all the marketing hype haha…rumors are that these are preview snippets of full choir that will come later…if one follows conspiracy theories and the like  hehe 

21 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

I don’t think good sound selection is being lazy, it’s actually an integral part on any workflow. If you have to spend a long time making things sound good in a mix you may need better sources.

Yes I agree totally. I have been going through a period of indecisiveness on these type of libraries because I seldom use them any more, yet when I need them they become important. The big difference I hear in these libraries that seems to differentiate quality is either a more individual sounding choir or a more collective sound. It's a really tough thing to make a choir library that has unity AND a sense that you are listening to the individuals in that choir. The better libraries pull that second one off very well.

I have some of those female libraries like Shevannai and Mimi Page Light & Shadow and they are great libraries for a lot of what I do.  I knew a vocalist who was even better at it. A more intimate mix works better for me using those kinds of libraries.

Some of this might come down to mixing .vs creating music. If I'm only creating from scratch I am looking for a fast fit for the rough draft. It has to fit ok, but doesn't need to be the final outcome, whereas if those construction decisions have already been made, I am at liberty to get the perfect library to my mix, unless the tracks are frozen and I can't find the original 😲

While this library leans more in the collective direction , I think it has a decent amount of  individuality in it too and makes a much better fit than a generic choir patch by a long shot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

I featured this earlier today during my livestream, they sound really nice. It was also fun to play with them inside of Unify with some of the other Originals (Intimate Strings, and Intimate Grand Piano). Check it out:

Hey Simeon, just a quick OT - who designed your logo? 

16 minutes ago, Niky Serrano said:

Please, share with us your first impressions 🤗

Will do. My very first impression? Dang, this cost me a lot of money. No, not for the library, but now I feel the need to add Unify and the Originals Epic Strings, Epic Brass & Woodwinds and Intimate Strings libraries. I already have the Cimbalom and Mrs Mills Piano libraries. Should I take the red pill or the blue one? 😋

I use Gig Performer in the studio for patching together different libraries. I'm interested to see what Unify adds to the mix. Unify also supports Chromophone 3, Sektor and Pigments, so I'll be going down a rabbit hole for awhile.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1