Quad Cortex

bluzdog

After extensive research I took a leap of faith and ordered a Quad Cortex. I contacted Neural and asked about inventory, they recommended Thomann. They have the best deal and it should ship within 2-3 weeks. Sweetwater is taking 4-5 months at $1849. I paid $1600 shipped but I'm sure I'll have to pay duty of $60ish. Anyone else using a QC here?

https://neuraldsp.com/quad-cortex

Rocky

Edited by bluzdog

I've had a QC for a few months.

Wait time from Sweetwater was ~4 months.

I use the QC primarily for Captures.

To my ears, Captures are more accurate than Kemper Profiles.

QC can run up to 9 simultaneous Captures.

If you have a collection of amps and drive/boost pedals, QC is the perfect means to "virtualize" them.

Neural bit off a lot moving into the hardware realm.

They're making progress... but development isn't at the same pace as Fractal.

As long as you're getting the QC for what it is (not what was originally promised), you'll likely be happy with it.

The Sweetwater Captures are a good place to start.

These Captures were made with a mic'd cabinet... so the Cab is "baked-into" the Capture (Amp/Cab in a single block).

I've done Captures both DI and with mic'd cabinet.

Both sound good... 

Though not as flexible as DI Captures, (to my ears) Captures with mic'd cabinet sound a bit more lively/responsive.  

I Captured a Revv Generator 120 mk3 (various mics) and posted them to the Cortex Cloud.

Helios, TriAmp, and 20th XTC are ready/waiting to be Captured.  I'll get to them as time allows.

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Apologies to @bluzdogin advance, I don’t want to hijack your thread.

No worries. I have a Tonex pedal as well. Listening with Dynaudio BM5a monitors and BeyerDynamic DT 770 250 ohm cans, they both sound fantastic. I mostly use both to recreate my current analog rig.: Rimrock Mystical OD, TS, Barber DD, Line 6 DL4 in to a '67 Super Reverb. I can dial both pedals so close that I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in a blind fold test.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Apologies to @bluzdogin advance, I don’t want to hijack your thread.

@Jim Roseberryhow do the captures compare to Tonex?

t

I would agree with @bluzdog, the Captures of both Quad Cortex and ToneX sound/respond great.

IMO, Captures with included mic'd Cab sound better (a little more lively) than DI Captures run thru an IR.

• Thanks 1